GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me get a GTI.

• Thread starter Deleted member 137012
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 137012

Backstory - had a few nightmares with a 335 and Audi A4 so I wanted something reliable and easy to maintain a few months later after getting a Golf I learned all about maintenance taking care of the car from inception and avoiding problems like I previously had. Needless to say I have a few MK7 upgrades but I want a GTI.

I paid 18.5K for my SEL with 21K on the dash now it has 25K on the dash.

Is there anyway without getting slaughtered on a trade in value to hop into a GTI?

I know I might be shooting in the dark here but selling to a private seller is very unlikely and really regretting my choice.

Real answers only thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbohydrate

Passed Driver's Ed
Find a leftover 2017 Gti to absorb your negative equity. If you’re around New York I can help you. We have a black SE stick leftover still. Message me if interested :)

RennWerks

Go Kart Newbie
. . . I have a few MK7 upgrades but I want a GTI. I paid 18.5K for my SEL with 21K on the dash now it has 25K on the dash.
Is there anyway without getting slaughtered on a trade in value to hop into a GTI? . . . elling to a private seller is very unlikely . . . .

No harm in contacting Carbohydrate to see what he has in mind as a trade difference, but I'm not sure why you think selling to a private buyer is "very unlikely"? I agree that selling cars privately takes some effort (OK, work), but as the cliché goes, "Price sells cars." I'll spare you a recitation of personal experiences, but IMHO there's no shortage of sources to research a competitive price and advertise your car online. Even here. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Is there anyway without getting slaughtered on a trade in value to hop into a GTI?

I know I might be shooting in the dark here but selling to a private seller is very unlikely and really regretting my choice.

Real answers only thanks

Not sure why private sale is unlikely. It takes effort and time but the extra cash you get (from dealer trade) might be worth it.

At times CarMax offers better cash offer as than dealer trade-in numbers.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Selling to a private buyer is unlikely because you would almost certainly need to run into someone who has that much cash on hand.

It can be difficult and more trouble than it's worth to try to get a bank loan on a private sale car.

Looking into that leftover 17 sounds like a pretty interesting idea.

Good luck out there!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Selling to a private buyer is unlikely because you would almost certainly need to run into someone who has that much cash on hand.

Not always the case.

If the buyer has a loan (with cashiers check from his bank), both parties can meet at sellers bank. Check can be verified and the documents are be signed right there. If done the right way, it should be a cake walk.

echelonphoto

Ready to race!

It can be difficult and more trouble than it's worth to try to get a bank loan on a private sale car.

Looking into that leftover 17 sounds like a pretty interesting idea.

Good luck out there!

Sold three corvettes in the last 3 years, avg price 28,500 to private buyers who got loans. Did all the transactions at my bank with notary and cashiers check. One buyer flew in from 1000 miles away and drove it home, other two drove in from at least 250 miles away. Corvettes are a dream to own and sell...I buy low mileage mint ones under 25k miles, drive them a year and sell them for equal or more than my purchase price ( including tax). Trick is to find a motivated seller who needs fast cash...I always buy outright...no loan. A very fast car that you can drive for free...no mods needed with 3200 pounds and 430hp on tap. Just bought my first gti...I am 71 and needed something a little more practical...I know i will never get my money back on this one....but will probably keep it for a few years...so far its fun to drive.

Webedubbinit

^^^

What’s he said. I sold my Dodge Charger SRT through private sale. I had almost 20k in mods. The buyer went through his credit union and they cut me a check. I paid the loan off and sent him the title. However I did lose out on a little bit of money, well all know you never get your money back on mods

adam1991

Banned
^^^

What’s he said. I sold my Dodge Charger SRT through private sale. I had almost 20k in mods. The buyer went through his credit union and they cut me a check. I paid the loan off and sent him the title.

Then I declare your buyer to be an idiot.

There's not a chance in hell I hand cash, or its equivalent, to a seller and walk away without the title in hand.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Then I declare your buyer to be an idiot.

There's not a chance in hell I hand cash, or its equivalent, to a seller and walk away without the title in hand.

Just because you havent come across this doesnt mean that the other person was an idiot. Some banks and CUs take time to release the title. In that case, they will give the lien release letter and will mail the title to the buyer in a week after verification.

shuxleyct

The issue is, do you have the title? If not, trading in is the fast way to go with fewer headaches, because you need to pay off the car before you can sell it. If you have the title, finding a buyer on the private market is easier, all the major paperwork is on their end.
Buyer’s remorse....you’re likely to take a hit, unless you wait a couple of years.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro