GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hulk's GTI Project

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Hey man I live in Mount Laurel, where's your partout thread? I'd love to check out some parts.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for sharing Hulk, I agree the looks are much more aggressive and sometimes I miss that for the GTI. I test drove an ST before I purchased this GTI and I probably would have bought it but I found the recaros just too tight for me. It's too bad VW didn't offer more tuning options that we're dealer friendly like Ford does or Moutune does. Have fun with the new build thread! [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for sharing man, and good luck w your new platform. It sure does look more aggressive in stock form, really digging the black.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

lukiefred

Passed Driver's Ed
In Nashville I-440 has turned into a third world country road instead of interstate lately, made me consider going 17s for my summer set I want to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They finally fixed 440 in Nash! Back to 18’s and 19’s everyone... :)

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Cant deny it, the FoST is a cool looking car. My GTI kinda fell into my lap so I wasnt even aware of the hot hatch market when I bought it. I would have definitely checked out the FoST if I had known about them. Since then, I’ve only seen a handful and I dont have any experience with them.

Although there was this one time that a ST came up behind me on some twisty hills. It was obvious he wanted to play so I started getting moderately spirited. At one point I breezed through a hairpin, looked in my rear view mirror and saw that he had spun out. I guess that rear end can get pretty loose. He caught up at a light, then did a fly by on a straight away with his loud exhaust. Didnt bite because my 5yr old was with me. My son said, “Wow that sounded like a motorcycle!”

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Hey man I live in Mount Laurel, where's your partout thread? I'd love to check out some parts.

Hey it sin classified engine mods

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
Took a good long break from the forums and got to wondering where you went. Sad to see you go. Sounds like you got your money on that money shift, sadly... did you consider a focus RS? I know it’s a big price jump, but sounds like a fun car. I’m sure it’s like the GTI vs R debate where the value proposition is why most fo with GTI.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Hey Hulk, if you want any opinions on ST mods, feel free to reach out.

I went from a '14 ST3 to my current '17 GTI Sport.

Intercooler is a good idea and worlds easier to install than on the GTI.
I had a Steeda intercooler on my ST, and it was perfect. Got it installed and on the road again in about an hours time.

Rear sway was also added on my ST, but it may not be needed if you're used to how the GTI was.

I've got my GTI handling a bit more like the ST at this point. A bit firmer in the back with a bigger rear bar. Oversteer isn't a problem if I try for it now.

The ST's are a hell of a fun car to drive around in. It never lost any fun for me.

Mine was both freektuned and stratified tuned at different points. Stage 1. Made a nice difference in power.

Stock for stock as you said, the ST and GTI are very close in terms of power.