GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
You can gain a small amount of clearance if you push the core frame as far forward on the lower 2 bolts as possible. Keep the upper 2 in the same position and just slide the bottom. No pics, but it was explained in several of the previous posts. Don't know why your wiring harness looks off. Maybe the position of your temp sensor is rotated more? Dunno.

Nappy216

Ready to race!
All dimensions except "I" should be good fit. For "I" I took off 2mm of material as shown in the picture. "F" maybe a tight fit, but you run the risk of breaking the tabs if you try to bend them too much. Should be fine just working the condenser tabs into it with some pressure or tapping.

Noted. Thank you for the reply.

Charliepapa

Installed my intercooler yesterday. Here are my issues. Drivers side mounting peg measured 28mm, definitely had to be trimmed to fit. The plastic pegs on the top of the radiator that plug/clip Into top of the intercooler had to be filed down to fit into the holes. I also had to replace my AEM intake with the factory air box until I can trim the AEM air deflector, it interferes with the top radiator hose and radiator mount since everything is pushed back. I followed the Shopdap video for the Revo intercooler install and was pretty much spot on.

Lrlooly

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if anyone has checked recently but prices have gone straight up. We are looking at 400 dollars for one of these now.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Not surprised $ going up. Quite a few of us got a nice IC for $250-320.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Now the question is...........who got it for the cheapest?? Mine was $249USD shipped without hoses.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
Now the question is...........who got it for the cheapest?? Mine was $249USD shipped without hoses.
I'll be at 200 without hoses once they refund me 50 bucks for shipping damage. Technically $199.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I'll be at 200 without hoses once they refund me 50 bucks for shipping damage. Technically $199.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
So far you are in the lead[emoji16]

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!

I am too lazy to go back in this thread and check my own post but I believe I got mine for 154 after coupon and seller rebate for shipping damage.

CSG_Barry

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Had mine installed by EMD Auto this weekend. Got it with the 20% coupon so I could justify the install price to forgo the hassle of installing. All I can say is wow. Much better throttle response and no heatsoak. This was totally worth it for price alone.

ColdFusionWi

Passed Driver's Ed
There's another 15% off coupon going at the moment, PRIMOSALE. Super tempted but unsure if I'm going to end up going IS38 at some point and if this would be sufficient.

Also, I know the stock hoses will suffice but would there be any benefit to getting the kit with new hoses & clamps.

pieguy

Ready to race!
The intercooler is enormous. It will definitely suffice for an IS38 and probably up to a BOSS 500 in regular temperature settings. I doubt even the IE could accommodate a full bore Stage 3+ in Arizona on multiple pulls.

The included hoses and clamps were really good. The clamps fit nice and snug. I don't see why you wouldn't include them.