GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New S&B Intake

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Ive triedboth ways Sugar. My oem sai connector fits loose and doesnt snap or click or stay secured as I prefer. I watched the SB instructional video with that woman, and its placed correctly.

Sidenote, I would imagine its also lil louder without the lid. But then again that would keep it from being a “closed” system. I have the plug in mine. May remove it.

Yeah remove the plug it helps a bit. Lid off would be like an open system I bet. Nice thing is we have the choice.

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Pictures dont work.

As I posted in the other thread, be aware that if you have a 2018 model with start/stop function using a bigger battery, it will NOT fit.

I received mine on wednesday and still waiting to hear back from S&B....

They keeps telling me the engineers are looking into it, but unless they can redesign the intake box and send me a new one within a few days (which I doubt), they need to take it back and send me a refund...

Aphex13

Passed Driver's Ed
Pictures are not working. Will this intake fit with the euro manifold cover installed?

It's a close fit, but mine fit with my lower engine cover. It also covers up the SAI bits quite nicely.

Attachments

• 2018-06-16 07.08.20-2.jpg
    2018-06-16 07.08.20-2.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 1,325
  • 2018-06-16 07.09.14-2.jpg
    2018-06-16 07.09.14-2.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 877

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Yes the euro cover cleans it up nice. Oversll the intake is solid. I previously had snow guard removal-drop in filter-grill cutout. So I really dont know of any gain powerwise. My throttle response is a hair better. Not a must mod. But after you open up the exhaust via DP, upgrage the IC, the only real bottleneck is probably the intake. 6-10 whp gain Id imagine over stock box. Regardless, for the money a good deal for a closed system considering the market. Overall I am satisfied.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I’m still baffled at the lack of room between your battery and the intake, I have enough room for my JB4. Weird

Love my intake , I left the bottom cover off and I can’t hear the damm thing lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Update... for those like me with 2018 DSG model with start/stop option, this intake will not fit. We have a bigger battery that won't ellow enough room for it.
S&B finaly confirmed today that I would need to return it for a refund.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Update... for those like me with 2018 DSG model with start/stop option, this intake will not fit. We have a bigger battery that won't ellow enough room for it.
S&B finaly confirmed today that I would need to return it for a refund.

Thank you for the update. What battery class/size does your '18 use stock then?