GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

Hotfart

Ready to race!
2 month and 1,500 mile update: Today I installed a Rock Euro dogbone arm, which gave me a chance to inspect the Powerflex puck to see how it's holding up. I'm happy to report that it looks great and is holding up very well so far. I see no evidence of binding, ripping, or any other issues. Still quite happy with this!

Believe it or not, the RocEuro arm made quite a noticable improvement with idle NVH. This puck along with the RocEuro arm and 034 engine/trans mounts are showing to be a great setup for daily drivers.

Abilor

Passed Driver's Ed
2 month and 1,500 mile update: Today I installed a Rock Euro dogbone arm, which gave me a chance to inspect the Powerflex puck to see how it's holding up. I'm happy to report that it looks great and is holding up very well so far. I see no evidence of binding, ripping, or any other issues. Still quite happy with this!

Believe it or not, the RocEuro arm made quite a noticable improvement with idle NVH. This puck along with the RocEuro arm and 034 engine/trans mounts are showing to be a great setup for daily drivers.

Thanks for this thread, Hotfart!! Definitely will look into this mount when the time comes.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

Ugh. Just be careful with launch control. I had a very similar setup, RocEuro arm, 034 engine/trans mounts, and the 034 insert and 2 weeks after I installed it all, I used launch control and it broke my transmission casing where the roc euro bar bolted to the middle mounting point.

Until it broke, I was ecstatic. I was on stock power so I didn't need too much stiffness, which is why I went with such a soft upgrade suite, but it all did exactly what I wanted it to!

Abilor

Passed Driver's Ed
Just to be clear, this install is done completely from underneath, right? With no need to remove swaybar or subframe? Just lube it up and shove it in? :D

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Just to be clear, this install is done completely from underneath, right? With no need to remove swaybar or subframe? Just lube it up and shove it in? :D

Correct. I mean you've gotta play with it for a bit first, but yeah.

Tigsel

Ready to race!

Correct. I mean you've gotta play with it for a bit first, but yeah.

Lube, play, shove! Or is it play, lube, shove? Better ask Frank Reynolds :D

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Question. Had the powerflex on for a couple hundred miles now, and I initially just reused the same bolt and torqued it to 74 ft lbs. Felt smooth as ever. Installed 034 engine/trans mounts this weekend, and also put in a new dogbone bolt as I thought I should seeing it's been unscrewed so many times. This time I torqued the bolt to 96 ft lbs + 90 degrees. (I've seen both 74 ft lbs and 96 ft lbs so I wasn't sure with this new bolt. ) Although idle vibrations have slightly decreased, I know get a slight pulsating when just cruising, say in like 6th gear. Could this be because the dogbone is too tight? Is 96 ft lbs too much? Let me know and I'll loosen it up and put it back to 74..

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Question. Had the powerflex on for a couple hundred miles now, and I initially just reused the same bolt and torqued it to 74 ft lbs. Felt smooth as ever. Installed 034 engine/trans mounts this weekend, and also put in a new dogbone bolt as I thought I should seeing it's been unscrewed so many times. This time I torqued the bolt to 96 ft lbs + 90 degrees. (I've seen both 74 ft lbs and 96 ft lbs so I wasn't sure with this new bolt. ) Although idle vibrations have slightly decreased, I know get a slight pulsating when just cruising, say in like 6th gear. Could this be because the dogbone is too tight? Is 96 ft lbs too much? Let me know and I'll loosen it up and put it back to 74..

Not sure if that sounds like something that would be caused by the bolt being too tight. However, it shouldn't hurt to back it off to 74 ft lbs just to rule it out, especially considering it only takes a few minutes to do so.

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Not sure if that sounds like something that would be caused by the bolt being too tight. However, it shouldn't hurt to back it off to 74 ft lbs just to rule it out, especially considering it only takes a few minutes to do so.

Maybe I'm just not used to the feeling. From reading all the other posts it seemed like the 034 engine/trans mounts made the ride even smoother than the puck did. I expected more vibration at idle, but do these mounts make the whole ride/chassis just more rigid in general when driving? I'm wondering If these are just transferring more road feel to the cabin.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Maybe I'm just not used to the feeling. From reading all the other posts it seemed like the 034 engine/trans mounts made the ride even smoother than the puck did. I expected more vibration at idle, but do these mounts make the whole ride/chassis just more rigid in general when driving? I'm wondering If these are just transferring more road feel to the cabin.

Yeah, like you said, might just chalk it up to transferring more road feel. They did seem to stiffen up the chassis just a tad since the engine flexes around less. For NVH on mine, I didn't really notice any change at speed, and feel like it was pretty much only impacted at idle. I didn't notice any pulsating in higher gears like you describe. Also, I see yours is DSG. Mine is 6MT, so maybe that's the difference maker?

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
I installed this last night and just ran into one issue. When I start to tighten the puck down, the washer becomes off centered and starts creeping forward almost touching the lip of the subframe puck hole. It's not touching but is pretty close and is askew. I tried backing off and re doing but it just keeps creeping forward once I torque down. Has anyone else ran into this?

There's quite a bit more nvh at 1-1.2k rpm. It really shakes the car.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I installed this last night and just ran into one issue. When I start to tighten the puck down, the washer becomes off centered and starts creeping forward almost touching the lip of the subframe puck hole. It's not touching but is pretty close and is askew. I tried backing off and re doing but it just keeps creeping forward once I torque down. Has anyone else ran into this?

There's quite a bit more nvh at 1-1.2k rpm. It really shakes the car.

Then you aren't aligned. Move the motor back with a crowbar or thick screwdriver between the subframe to leverage against.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Then you aren't aligned. Move the motor back with a crowbar or thick screwdriver between the subframe to leverage against.

It screws in fine by hand and it's not until the last twentyo or so ft lbs then it starts walking off center dramatically. Also, what ft lb are people using 74 or 96?

It seems like everything is aligned but maybe it's getting scrunched up?