GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Öttingerizing my 18 GTI Autobahn

suneohair1

Passed Driver's Ed
No worries, lol. Like I said...when I first saw the stock wheels on the 18...I just about puked! Hahahaha...told the sales manager...get rid of those 'blender blades', put on Black Pretorias...(like the R) and we'll talk! $400. upgrade...chopped down to $250.

$250 per wheel I assume? Looks good.

LastDragon

Ready to race!
I'm taking off my maxton spoiler and getting the oettinger for my gti.... it looks soooo good but its so expensive... Plus painting it.... probably$800 after it's all done

Last edited:

ieddtech

Passed Driver's Ed
$250 per wheel I assume? Looks good.

Nope. $250 total for 4. They wanted $400. more for the Pretoria's. The upcost in price/value of the stock rims compared to these wasn't that much. But they wanted a profitable cut. Told them I couldn't do $400. Maybe another dealer would cut me a deal. A day later they called back and agreed to my proposal. Tick in the box for me.

ieddtech

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah that's what touch up paint is for. If you do it correctly its only noticable if you are 6 inches away looking for them.

If you have some kind of protection...like a bug deflector, or a clear bra...you won't have to touch up anything. Besides, being the intricate detail kind of owner I am, I personally look at all the spots on a vehicle that are vulnerable to scratches...dings...chips etc. I can spot touch up from a mile away.

I bought the Appearance Protection Package (761 bucks for 5 years/0 deductible) for paint, leather, windshield and wheels. And now I'm looking at getting it ceramic coated.