GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone get a used oil analysis?

Tigsel

Ready to race!
I say Copper and Nickel are a little too high for 20k. I've spent a little fortune on oil analysis on EA888 engines. At 20k Copper should be around 9-12 and Nickel around 1-2. Use a better oil and do another test in 5k.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Excuse the noobish question but what actions can be taken with oil analysis data? For example, let’s say the presence of nickel keeps going up indicating a serious issue. What can I do about this. Is this something I should document with the dealership ahead of time?

Im mainly doing the oil analysis to get a baseline before I go stage 2 in about a year. If my next oil analysis isnt great, I’ll forego the tune. But what would I do next?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Dealership would call it normal wear and tear. There is unfortunately not much you can do about it, except switch oil like was mentioned.

Last edited:

Tigsel

Ready to race!
Excuse the noobish question but what actions can be taken with oil analysis data? For example, let’s say the presence of nickel keeps going up indicating a serious issue. What can I do about this. Is this something I should document with the dealership ahead of time?

Im mainly doing the oil analysis to get a baseline before I go stage 2 in about a year. If my next oil analysis isnt great, I’ll forego the tune. But what would I do next?

Dealer won't do anything until you have an actual problem, which you may never have. For now shorten oil change intervals to 5k and use better oil.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Gonna get my oil tested from Blackstone. Hopefully next week send the kit in. 5k miles with liqui moly 5w40

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Any recommendations on a better oil?

Just make sure its approved by vag502 not just recommended by the company for warranty reasons. I use liqui moly 5w40 leichtlauf high tech. Vag 502.00 approved.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

TDI Matt

Ready to race!
I had my Motul Xcess analyzed at 15k. Copper and Nickel were slightly elevated still.

That’s the third change and they definitely didn’t say I could go longer. So it’s 5k for me.

I will maybe try Molygen or standard Liqui Moly 2050.

ManInTheClouds

Ready to race!
Any recommendations on a better oil?

Any oil that meets all of the below specs:

VW502 / Porsche A40 / MB 229.5 / BMW LL-01 / FIAT-Ferrari-Maserati (H2/Z2/etc)

Is going to perform identically over the life of an engine in terms of wear protection.
No amount of boutique, 100% Group IV stock oil is going to affect anything meaningful.

Use OE filters, a good oil, and you'll have no problems.

I personally use Pennzoil Euro 0w-40 ($23/5qts) and Mahle filters.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I had my Motul Xcess analyzed at 15k. Copper and Nickel were slightly elevated still.

That’s the third change and they definitely didn’t say I could go longer. So it’s 5k for me.

I will maybe try Molygen or standard Liqui Moly 2050.

What kind of numbers are you seeing with cooper and nickel?

Chuckable

Ready to race!
Here’s mine: