GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changing taillights--come on, VW

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I do remember that the passenger side outer lamp is a bit tighter on the harness. I don't recall having too much trouble removing if from the car. I was able to pull the light out far enough to disconnect the plug from the light socket.

The backup lights are in there by friction. Same with the turn signal lights on the front. They just pull out.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
See, mad already. Ah well. There's people that can work on their own cars to do the changes they want, then there's people who whine about it all and just end up paying someone else to do it for them.

Gl.

And there's people who think they're so much better than everyone else.

adam1991

Banned
Pardon the questions, I haven't done this yet. So this allows you to remove the bulb without removing the housing, or does it allow you to remove the housing when the harness is tight? Both?

It allows you to separate the bulb fixture from the two tight harness wires, which allows you then to remove the bulb fixture from the housing.

And of course, it's crazy that VW seems to have created a system that virtually requires the average end user to go to the dealer when a bulb burns out.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Pardon the questions, I haven't done this yet. So this allows you to remove the bulb without removing the housing, or does it allow you to remove the housing when the harness is tight? Both?

You still need to remove the outer light from the car. If the wires are to tight it makes it easier to get the bulb out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk