GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you drinking?

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
New Amsterdam gin. $17.99 for a 1.75 and it compares well to Beefeateter, Bombay, etc. Great for g&t, especially if you infuse it with some cucumber or lime.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
I haven't had a G&T in quite some time. Not sure why, it was a favorite a while ago. I may have to pick up some supplies.

Quick poll: favorite widely available gin?

I don't always drink gin but, when I do, I prefer Bombay Sapphire.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
X2 on the Bombay. New Amsterdam, to me, is like gin "lite". I think its for people who prefer vodka, but want to say they're drinking gin.

nuSchule

Ready to race!
Right now? Green tea... because cubicle.

Tonight? Starting a long weekend so probably going for Woodford Reserve. Bonus points for double-oaked.

HicBuda

Ready to race!
I haven't had a G&T in quite some time. Not sure why, it was a favorite a while ago. I may have to pick up some supplies.

Quick poll: favorite widely available gin?

Hendricks, Old Raj are quality. Hendricks G&T happenin this evening.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
For those who imbibe, what's in your glass?

Mrs Dutch bought me a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof for Christmas, definitely a special occasion bourbon. I'm looking forward to having some on Monday. In the meantime, Woodford Reserve is a delightful classic that won't break the bank, and I'm enjoying some right now.

Woodford Reserve is our go-to bourbon for me and my wife. You are the second person from whom I'm hearing about Elijah Craig... my boss recommend this as well. It's on our list.

Other than bourbon, I enjoy a good red wine, though I am by no means knowledgable about wines at all. For beer, Belgian ales are my most recent favorites.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Woodford Reserve is our go-to bourbon for me and my wife. You are the second person from whom I'm hearing about Elijah Craig... my boss recommend this as well. It's on our list.

Other than bourbon, I enjoy a good red wine, though I am by no means knowledgable about wines at all. For beer, Belgian ales are my most recent favorites.

Elijah Craig is good (especially for the price). I rotate between that, Buffalo Trace (when I can find it), and Knob Creek for my "on hand" bourbons.

My "special occasion" bourbon is Booker's Uncut & Unfiltered Small Batch, thanks to my wife.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Pop quiz hot shots. You're hosting a bourbon aficionado in a week. You need to buy something good, but on a budget. If you go above the budget, your wife blows up. What do you do?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Pop quiz hot shots. You're hosting a bourbon aficionado in a week. You need to buy something good, but on a budget. If you go above the budget, your wife blows up. What do you do?

Jeffersons Reserve. <$40 a bottle and its delicious. I recommended it to my father when he and his friends had a "bring your favorite bourbon" tasting weekend at camp and the Jeffersons was the cheapest and unanimous favorite. If you can find it, grab a bottle of Blantons, cheap and good. Another good choice, Eagle Rare.

If your budget allows, spring for something like E.H. Taylor.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Buy her off with wine coolers.
Lol good idea. But I might go with tequila, since it makes her clothes fall off.
Jeffersons Reserve. <$40 a bottle and its delicious. I recommended it to my father when he and his friends had a "bring your favorite bourbon" tasting weekend at camp and the Jeffersons was the cheapest and unanimous favorite. If you can find it, grab a bottle of Blantons, cheap and good. Another good choice, Eagle Rare.

If your budget allows, spring for something like E.H. Taylor.
Thanks!

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Pretty sure MrsDutch is trying to kill me.