GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Howto reset service indicator?

FirstTimeGolfOwner

My
VOLKSWAGEN, GOLF, 1.6 TDI BMT 105 HK 4 DOORS
just passed 30.000 km and hence I went to the local garage (not VW) to have the motoroil and filter replaced.
After that I tried to reset the service indicator as described in the manual.
But without luck.
The service indicator stays on - and a bell is sound at every start of the engine.
Can anybody tell me how to reset the service indicator?
Best regards

Stueck9356

Ready to race!
To reset the oil change interval, turn car fully off, hold the '0.0' button on the gauge cluster, turn the car on (but don't crank) and release it. When it asks 'reset oil interval' hit OK on the steering wheel.

You have to be quick. From memory it flashes 'reset service indicator' then 'reset oil interval' and whichever option is listed when you hit 'ok' is the one that is reset.

swfk

Ready to race!
Canadian 2014 GTI mk7 Autobahn DSG:

Just tried this and pressing OK on the steering wheel did not work for me. Instead when the question is asked, I hit the "0.0" button and it was reset.

MoAuris

Canadian 2014 GTI mk7 Autobahn DSG:

Just tried this and pressing OK on the steering wheel did not work for me. Instead when the question is asked, I hit the "0.0" button and it was reset.
Hey, guys, new here.

Had the same problem after changing oil myself.

Golf Mk.VII 2014, Manual 1.6, China (Don't know if region makes a difference).

Don't know if your model is same as mine. But my Golf doesn't have "Ok" button on my steering wheel.

My windscreen wiper stick has ok button, and there is of course the "0.0" button under the dashboard.

So here is my futile try, please tell me if it is correct:

1) Key in, no turn, hold 0.0
=> dash info resets my travel km to 0.0 km first, then cycles through "TIME" "BATTERY SOC" (But no reset service), if hold long enough, no info at all.

2) Turn key, but not to crank, still holding 0.0
=> dash info shows "RESET SERVICE?" then shows "RESET OIL CHNG?"

3) Release 0.0, and try hit 0.0 repetitively
=> No change, still shows warning

3.1) Release 0.0, hit wiper ok button
=> No change, still shows warning

____
Am I doing anything wrong? or is my dash info stuck in some way?

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Snitt

Ready to race!
In case anyone finds this thread from searching, the Golf R has a push button start. To reset the indicator, do the following:
1. Hold the 0.0 button down
2. Keep your foot off the brake
3. Push the start button to put it in ACC mode
4. Press OK on the right-hand side of the steering wheel to reset the service indicator

At that point, you can either push the Start button again to turn off the car, or put your foot on the brake and push the Start button to start it up.

SouthbayMK7

Ready to race!
If its the "inspection now/ soon" message the only way I was able to reset it without going into the dealer was with my OBDEleven.

When I called the dealer asking why the reset procedure doesn't work for the inspection message like it does for oil message he said since its a new car they are still figuring it out and have to use a scan tool.

carfreak1955

I just tried it on my 2016 GTI & it only reset the oil not the Inspection.
I had been told to get an obd11 & reset W my phone.

If its the "inspection now/ soon" message the only way I was able to reset it without going into the dealer was with my OBDEleven.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I was able to reset the Inspection counter on my 16 GTI Autobahn just using the 0.0 button.

When it shows reset oil? hit the button again and it will scroll to reset inspection? Then hit the button again and it will reset. You can then verify counter in your vehicle settings screen.