GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

QuickJack - In Action

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
I just bought the exact same model for the same price $1490 shipped. I bought the 7000 with the longer frame because the lift contact points on the 5000 and the 3500 series are several inches too short to lift on the recommended jacking points on the GTI.

So with the shorter models the jack contact points would lift further in toward the center of the vehicle instead of on the recommended jacking points. Might not be an issue, but for $200 extra dollars I also don't have to worry about weight limitations on wife's car or future cars.

Today I just received two of my four packages shipped from the manufacturer, with the other two due for delivery on Monday.
So psyched for this because I have a few projects for my car lined up and waiting for this. Intercooler, koni yellows, DSG service, summer wheels back on.

OP- How was the assembly process on this? looks pretty straight forward. Any missing parts etc?
Yes, straight forward. No missing parts.

Utilized the customer service during initial setup and we determined I had a bad hydraulic pump. They overnighted a new one to me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Looks great! I’ve been holding back waiting to see if our new house build is gonna work out with room for a conventional two post lift.

Anyone know how these hold their value? Maybe I could use it for a year then sell it

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I just bought the exact same model for the same price $1490 shipped. I bought the 7000 with the longer frame because the lift contact points on the 5000 and the 3500 series are several inches too short to lift on the recommended jacking points on the GTI.

I have the BL-5000 SLX and it is the exact same length as the 7000 SLX. If you want/need extended length get the EXT. As such, mine is perfect for the GTI. Been in the air a hundred times and nary an issue. Saved a couple hundred.

OP- How was the assembly process on this? looks pretty straight forward. Any missing parts etc?[/QUOTE]

Piece of cake. Bleed ATF and grease the zerk fittings, away ya go. Tested unit on my son's car initially (old Hyundai Elantra) to make sure everything worked and never had any issues in the almost 2 years I've owned it. Also have the AC unit and have transported the lift may times to friends garages and the track. Just take an extension cord :D. Gets high enough to do seated work on suspension/wheels/brakes etc. I use a creeper for underneath work and am able to do everything I need to in spite of my fat belly. When lifted, car is rock stable. First time up I pushed pretty damn hard sideways and got essentially zero sway. Has safety bars to prevent collapse and have no qualms getting under it. Great use for your tax return $$$ IMHO, you'll wonder why you waited so long.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Looks great! I’ve been holding back waiting to see if our new house build is gonna work out with room for a conventional two post lift.

Anyone know how these hold their value? Maybe I could use it for a year then sell it

I was considering a two-poster, one, but my house won't accommodate one. Ceiling isn't high enough and the air handler is mounted in the ceiling/attic.

I would think salability would be related to the warranty length.

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Is this hooked up to your compressor?
Negative, hydraulic pump raises the two frames. When you lower the frames, air that you previously pump into the each frames air cylinder pushes the shaft against the hydraulic fluid to send the fluid back to the pumps reservoir.

You can use a tire inflator, hand/bicycle pump or air compressor to fill each frames air cylinder.

flip7

Ready to race!
I wasn't able to find them used over few months period. Bought new slx7000
Worth every penny imo

Get pucks sold by ecs for pinch welds

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
having used my quickjack a few times now I will caution people to make sure you check the psi in the air cylinder before you use it everytime. over the course of 4-5 lifts and 2-3 weeks, the air cylinders lost 10-15 psi.
also make the first thing you do everytime you use it is to open the relief valve on the reservoir. I almost crunched my reservoir one time by not opening it enough to allow air to be drawn in when the fluid level decreases. caught it in time thankfully!!:eek:
Negative, hydraulic pump raises the two frames. When you lower the frames, air that you previously pump into the each frames air cylinder pushes the shaft against the hydraulic fluid to send the fluid back to the pumps reservoir.

You can use a tire inflator, hand/bicycle pump or air compressor to fill each frames air cylinder.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Reviving an old thread.
the Quickjack site had an open box
BLl-5000 for $1180 with free shipping. Still get their warranty and all original parts.

has anyone made pinch weld jack pads out of hockey pucks? I’m thing a table saw would to the trick. Maybe make a jig to keep the puck strait.

Last edited:

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Reviving an old thread.
BLl-5000 for $1180 with free shipping. Still get their warranty and all original parts.

has anyone made pinch weld jack pads out of hockey pucks? I’m thing a table saw would to the trick. Maybe make a jig to keep the puck strait.
26179A15-DA2A-4722-9F0A-7CF11BA79F00.jpeg

I have the 5000lbs model. I just used the rubber pucks that it came with.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Wanted to share some positive feedback about my recent experience with bendpak who owns quickjack.

During setup I noticed one of the fittings did not thread on as far as the other fittings did to the hydraulic lines. I set everything up and leak tested it. The fitting in questions leaked pretty bad even with thread sealant. I called quickjack and they had me send a few photos and within the same day, shipped out a new fitting AND hose. I didn’t ask for the hose but they are covering their bases. Great customer service is always refreshing!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Reviving an old thread.

Didn’t see this before,

I use these with the regular pads that come with the quick-jack

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074TBZMLZ/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o1_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
Didn’t see this before,

I use these with the regular pads that come with the quick-jack

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074TBZMLZ/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o1_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I’m so conditioned from my line of work to use the safest method possible so I ended up getting the pinch weld pads as well. I’m sure it would have been fine with the standard ones but one of the pinchwelds on my GTI was already slightly bend.

@hotbascosauce
Easiest way to share this photo…Run the short hydraulic line through this opening.
25F1DB16-77F8-46F3-BA18-F5BC650AB1A7.jpeg