GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I love this thread... So informative..
x2 I’ve had my intercooler sitting in my living room for like ever and I can’t wait to install it, but with a baby on the way I may have to wait until after she gets here.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I must have got an outlier as it took 4 hours to install and I didn’t have to cut peg or anything.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I must have got an outlier as it took 4 hours to install and I didn’t have to cut peg or anything.

Great to hear and congrats! Maybe they are making improvements based off feedback? You are going to be able to beat on that 1.8 now without much worry with 16.4 liters of Magic! :).

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Mine was silver by the way. Anyone else install one, or only black?

And yeah time for some logs.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Mine was silver by the way. Anyone else install one, or only black?

And yeah time for some logs.

Mine was unpainted as well, I read a while back that paint can act as an insulator on an intercooler. Not sure if that's true but that partially influenced my decision.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Mine was unpainted as well, I read a while back that paint can act as an insulator on an intercooler. Not sure if that's true but that partially influenced my decision.

And you had all the same issues as everyone else? When did you buy it?

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
And you had all the same issues as everyone else? When did you buy it?
Yeah I had to trim/file the driver's side peg, file the upper radiator clips etc... Bought mine on March 27.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Mine took a little over 3 hours to install no filing or trimming. Bought mine in February.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Bruh thats literally what I just posted about a few weeks ago when i did this at night dead tired.

Here is all the news, bad and good.

Good-its fixable
Bad- It will cost

John from Roc-euro helped me out but you have to completely destroy the stock grill. So go on ebay and order a replacement. The only way to do this on your own and is to take out the emblem facade and plastic trim aka cut into it. Make a big hole thats going to be nough to get a tool into the latch area and manually lift/seperate it. then the hood will release enough for you to open. Re fix the cable and re-close.

Zero option. If a body shop says they can do it for 150 assume the grill cost 50 bucks and they are charging you a full shop rate to get it done.

Sorry to tell you but someone had to tell me. Zero options for right now, cut it, open it, replace it.

That's the conclusion I've come to. I'm waiting for my replacement grill to come in the mail, and once it gets here I'll start cutting away until I can get a damn wrench in there to undoor the latch to the hood. I'll make a write up at the end to help out anyone else that does this.

Thanks for the heads up and replies! Very much appreciated!

athos56

Ready to race!
Favor

Mine took a little over 3 hours to install no filing or trimming. Bought mine in February.

If you guys (Bronx Bomber and crxgator) would look at your Ebay transaction and list the seller that would be awsome, If one group has a good batch we should try and throw them more business. I'd love to increase my chances to get a good one. Thanks! Edit: maybe we should also list the sellers that had units that needed to be trimmed.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Finally had a day to install my Majesty intercooler. Everything went according to plan, I believe my tabs were the correct size, I included photos to illustrate. Took me about 2 hours to take everything off, cleaning all the crap as I went, then about 3 hours to get it all together, the driver's side clips were the worst part (guess I should have cut down the sides to make it easier). Of course everyone said I had to use an Igloo cooler, so luckily I had one handy.

I did have a dent in it, but it shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Couple more photos