GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
That's pretty absurd mpg for e30. I can only assume you were cruising down a straight road at 60mph, with fields of corn on either side, and some of corn vapors were going into your intake to give you that extra efficiency.
I have gotten around 35mpg as well. Usually heading south with a north wind and in traffic at 70mph average. 93/E30 mix. Maybe even slightly higher. So 'optimal' driving conditions.

That being said it is highly temp dependent. If it is below 40F, mileage drops. Usually average 28-30mpg all around. 24-25mpg when rodding on it a bit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
That's pretty absurd mpg for e30. I can only assume you were cruising down a straight road at 60mph, with fields of corn on either side, and some of corn vapors were going into your intake to give you that extra efficiency.

65-70mph and not passing anyone. Probably never went over 2k. 24 miles of 95% highway. I was actually over 36 but the last few miles is cityish. No AC/heat. Windows up.

Edit: Definitely temp dependent. It plummets when cold, heat on or not.

GTI210

Ready to race!
Ok, so I know a brand new unit is shipped with Map 1 but what if I bought it used? Am I getting it with the last map the previous owner was running?

Also does anyone know if the user interface software is compatible with Chromebooks?

GTI210

Ready to race!
Ok, so I know a brand new unit is shipped with Map 1 but what if I bought it used? Am I getting it with the last map the previous owner was running?

Also does anyone know if the user interface software is compatible with Chromebooks?

^I have a JB1 rev1 btw. In case that makes a difference.

GTI210

Ready to race!
Its set on whatever last owner set it on. Get a datacable.

Ok, thanks. That's the main reason I've been holding off on the install.

Came with a data cable that's why I asked if the user interface software is compatible with chromebooks. That's the only laptop I have at the moment.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
No Chromebook. Windows. Or Android with USB on the go cable and their app off the play store.

GTI210

Ready to race!
Damn it. Thanks for the help guys.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Damn it. Thanks for the help guys.
I don't have a chromebook, but I think I saw someone developed an app for the Chromebook to allow you to run Android apps. It might work for you.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

GTI210

Ready to race!
Going to get both eventually, but which would make the bigger difference paired with a JB1...downpipe or FMIC?

Car is still stock, but I have the bug to buy $hit for it even though I wont have the time for installs for two more weeks. Going to do VWR springs, wheels+tires, JB1, BMS intake, and a downpipe or FMIC all within a span of a few days. Already have everything except the DP/FMIC. :D

Last edited:

GTI210

Ready to race!
I don't have a chromebook, but I think I saw someone developed an app for the Chromebook to allow you to run Android apps. It might work for you.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Chromebooks have a a play store just like Androids, so the JB4 app is there but the connection isn't Android micro USB (atleast not on mine). No USB port either.

I was thinking of getting a Chromebook micro USB to regular USB adapter so I can use the data cable I already have, and then paying for the JB4 app. Not sure if it would work though.