GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not happy with condition on NEW 034 motor mount

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I completely understand that accidents happen and I too have had nothing short of excellent customer service from ECS in the past. I admit that I am a skeptic by nature and do hope this is an honest mistake on their part.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I don't understand. How can this mix up happen unless it's intentional to save some money?
The box should have all the RMA information and those parts should have been discarded or sent to 034.
Last time I had to return ECT TIP for welding/alignment issue with two pipe pieces creating bumps. The TIP came with a screw originally, but my replacement one was missing one, and it had the same bump. I could not tell if it was the one I sent back or not.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I am sure ECS is a large warehouse that handles a lot of parts.
Likely the returned part was mishandled. Some returns go back to inventory if part has no issues while others go back to vendor that made part. This part likely made it to the wrong bin. Likely error that sounds like it will be corrected. If not by ECS, then by 034.
If I buy from 034 I buy direct. Cut out middle man and increased handling.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion
I am sure ECS is a large warehouse that handles a lot of parts.
Likely the returned part was mishandled. Some returns go back to inventory if part has no issues while others go back to vendor that made part. This part likely made it to the wrong bin. Likely error that sounds like it will be corrected. If not by ECS, then by 034.
If I buy from 034 I buy direct. Cut out middle man and increased handling.

This is a good point. Same price and both offer free shipping.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Got it all boxed up and ready to go back. Had to go "office space" on a printer... Then buy a new one so I could print the RMA form. So there's another $50.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
Definitely will, I'll have another thread for the 034 downpipe as well (once I get around to putting it in). It's pretty :)

athos56

Ready to race!
I just picked up a set of these from ECS because I had store credit, otherwise I'd have got them straight from 034. HOPEFULLY, I don't get yours. I wanted to comment here just in case there was an issue and I needed to find the pictures.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
They refunded my money instead of sending new mounts. I'll probably reorder the 034 mounts, but people keep trying to sway me toward BFI. I also never got any stickers...

athos56

Ready to race!
Since I'm going for the OEM+ style build the 034 mounts were in line with what I need. I'm hoping for a better set than what you got, if not I'll just get more store credit and use it to pick up some springs once I get over my analysis paralysis... :) The last sticker I got was really mangled....