GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thermostat on red order!?!?

Mramos4Him

What’s up everybody, been lurking around the forum since I got my 16 R. I saw that a few people were having similar issues as my car. Backup camera not working and a faint smell of coolant after I shutting the car off. Well I finally figured I will take it to he dealer just in case it something important. Turns out my water pump was barely leaking. No problem it would be an extra day to fix it. Then the tech calls me and says the t-stat is on r”red order”. He said it could be a couple weeks [emoji15]. Anyone else ever have a similar situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoGoMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
My car is in the shop since last Tuesday for coolant leak also. Dealer told me it will take 10-14 days for thethermostat arrive.

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Good to know this. I was planning on taking my car in for the smell of coolant as well, but if the T-Stat is on back order, then I'll juts hold off until I hear that you've got your car fixed. Seems to be a VERY small leak as there's nothing on the floor, but my reservoir is slowly going down in volume.

Mramos4Him

Good to know this. I was planning on taking my car in for the smell of coolant as well, but if the T-Stat is on back order, then I'll juts hold off until I hear that you've got your car fixed. Seems to be a VERY small leak as there's nothing on the floor, but my reservoir is slowly going down in volume.

Yeah, that’s exactly what mine was doing. VW must know about this issue by now considering there aren’t enough parts to go around. Maybe it will get recalled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk