GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Remember.... all I offer is the truth, nothing more

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
There is a E-85 station 3 miles from my work. Went over lunch time and made some E-30 Brew. Other than the hard starting from time to time, the car runs so clean.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
There is a E-85 station 3 miles from my work. Went over lunch time and made some E-30 Brew. Other than the hard starting from time to time, the car runs so clean.

Okay, anyone else notice the minor hard start on a e-30 type blend? I’ve run 3-4 tanks worth now and when the car is hot and say I start it up from making a quick store pick up after driving it for operating temps it’s does have a slight hesitation to start (very slight).so this is normal with blend?

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I can not say this is in any way related, but when I updated the firmware to the most up to date version all idle and startup hiccups went away. (though I also uninstalled and reinstalled all the connections for my jb4)

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
I can not say this is in any way related, but when I updated the firmware to the most up to date version all idle and startup hiccups went away. (though I also uninstalled and reinstalled all the connections for my jb4)
I'm pretty sure that is a documented change of the latest firmware.

llibgrebnek

Ready to race!
The hot restart issue may be related to the combination of hot ambient temps, the E10 base fuel properties and the additional ethanol.

The “T(v/l) = 20” point is suppressed with increasing ethanol which may promote vapor lock. Also, the additional ethanol affects other points in the distillation curve which affect driveability, including hot restart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I'm pretty sure that is a documented change of the latest firmware.

Yeah, I think so, but I was also getting intermittent EPCs from a poor connection to at least one of the 3 main plugs. I can't rule out that being a cause of idle issues.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie

Pretty weird curve for an IS20. They usually make peak power between 5100-5400rpm
They also usually make way more WTQ than WHP.
They also usually don’t make any more power past 6000rpm. I’ve used VirtualDyno many times. It’s pretty tricky to get accurate results with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk