GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I was scammed!

kungfudill

Ready to race!
Sorry this has happened to you and sorry we have to deal with dishonest folks.
I won’t beat a dead horse but I’m thinking everything about this person’s login info is bogus so tracking him/them is probably futile. Lesson learned and hopefully you’ve helped the next victim avoid this person.

That's really all I can hope for. Still annoyed I didn't listen to my gut!

Did he contact you with email again?

Sure did! To tell me about his emergency, apologize for not shipping yet, asking for MY I.D....

Back in October of 2018 I posted a WTB set of wheels. I was Private Messaged by S14life to contact a friend of his and he gave me an email for him as well. I did email the person and he sent me a few pictures of filthy wheels. The whole thing seemed strange so I did not pursue further.

I still have the messages in my inbox if the moderators want them.

Pretty much how it went down, except the pics for me were of some good looking wheels.

Google his screen name and you’ll see he has pulled this scam on other forums. They also provide a phone number in one of the threads (BMW). If you google that number you find more threads of this scam on even more forums.

He’s left quite the trail, wonder if anyone’s local law enforcers or interweb vigilante want to go after him.

Btw, one of his IPs is a known Nigerian problem.

Man, do you know some interweb vigilantes? Really, I am just hoping karma gets this person.

Of course not, but you can yank his chain. Tell him to refund the amount you sent him and then you'll send him a check to cover the full amount plus express mail charges for the wheels.

My most recent email to him focused on disparaging his character. Probably not helpful in the long run.

sjnbgti

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a similar experience from someone with a different username with 0 posts telling me to email another person who had the wheels i was looking for. The wheels looked clean but his only vouches were email addresses. He did offer his phone number for calling/texts. I decided to go with my gut and not go any further.

GMK7R

Yup. I almost got scammed too! Same person and same person who referred me to him. But for a remus exhaust.
There was another email address too they referred me to. Tina something or other. Also a scam they want payment with bitcoin

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

damionrowe

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow...Seems this is more widespread than initially thought.

Maybe a site-wide PSA so no one else is scammed by this degenerate?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Wow...Seems this is more widespread than initially thought.

Maybe a site-wide PSA so no one else is scammed by this degenerate?

There shouldn't be a site-wide PSA, treat this as the same as craigslist. In todays day an age, if you just send money blindly to someone and don't get your product, that wouldn't surprise me. That being said, it sucks people do get scammed.

Lastly, its my diligence to give advice:
- If your meeting local, meet at a safe spot (crowded shopping center) and bring a friend (if you can or 6 shooter)
- If your buying online, verify the site is legit, there are tons (ecs, moddedeuros, bfi, urotuning, shopDAP, allieexpress for other shit)

-Lastly since it keeps happening IF YOU ARE BUYING FROM ANOTHER USER
1. Pay with paypal GOODS AND SERVICES not friends
2. Make sure they have a good reputation
3. If the deal is too good to be true then it probably is

cb1111

There shouldn't be a site-wide PSA, treat this as the same as craigslist. In todays day an age, if you just send money blindly to someone and don't get your product, that wouldn't surprise me. That being said, it sucks people do get scammed.

Lastly, its my diligence to give advice:
- If your meeting local, meet at a safe spot (crowded shopping center) and bring a friend (if you can or 6 shooter)
- If your buying online, verify the site is legit, there are tons (ecs, moddedeuros, bfi, urotuning, shopDAP, allieexpress for other shit)

-Lastly since it keeps happening IF YOU ARE BUYING FROM ANOTHER USER
1. Pay with paypal GOODS AND SERVICES not friends
2. Make sure they have a good reputation
3. If the deal is too good to be true then it probably is

Depending on what you are buying or selling, bring a friend that stays in the background.

Don't go home right away. Once the sale is completed, take your buddy to lunch at a busy place.The robbery could take place after yo've done the deal.

One of my friends sells high end watches and often completes the transaction at an Authorized Dealer for whatever brand of watch to make sure that it is real.

After he left the AD one time, the seller tried to steal the watch back. My friend had a shadow who just happened to be a cop and the robbery was thwarted and the bad guy went to jail.

Why not go straight home? The bad guys may follow you, but they generally have little patience, so if it looks like you are going to lunch and just hanging out, then they'll give up.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Depending on what you are buying or selling, bring a friend that stays in the background.

Don't go home right away. Once the sale is completed, take your buddy to lunch at a busy place.The robbery could take place after yo've done the deal.

One of my friends sells high end watches and often completes the transaction at an Authorized Dealer for whatever brand of watch to make sure that it is real.

After he left the AD one time, the seller tried to steal the watch back. My friend had a shadow who just happened to be a cop and the robbery was thwarted and the bad guy went to jail.

Why not go straight home? The bad guys may follow you, but they generally have little patience, so if it looks like you are going to lunch and just hanging out, then they'll give up.

Wow I mean thats crazy and also a cool story and good advice... triple decker

Ya i mean for sure always be careful like u could sell then they try to rob u.

My buddy was going to sell jordan shoes and someone tried to give him fake bills kinda wild lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Well someone else forwarded an attempted scam by this guy. I banned his account but there is nothing stopping him from creating a new account and trying again. Everyone just use common sense please.

good luck

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
If I get a weird feeling I do the transaction in the parking lot of my local police department.

I also have my CCW but have luckily never had anything bad happen.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
Well someone else forwarded an attempted scam by this guy. I banned his account but there is nothing stopping him from creating a new account and trying again. Everyone just use common sense please.

good luck

thx....

or plan B. For a reasonable fee I will recover your $. Just send me your CC info (including the security number) and I will help you get your money back. For priority service include DOB and SS #'s to insure that I deposit your monies directly into your bank account.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
another good advice lol like ya i never thought to do a transaction in the police station, i guess its safe

Our local police station/county building has designated parking spots for 'online selling transactions and parent/child custody hand-offs' with cameras etc. Kinda nice for transactions, but yeah, so easy to follow someone home after the fact.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
For a reasonable fee I will recover your $. Just send me your CC info (including the security number) and I will help you get your money back. For priority service include DOB and SS #'s to insure that I deposit your monies directly into your bank account.

I'm much nicer, and will charge NO fee, include all the information above and your banking act # and routing # and I should be able to get all your money back into your account...:rolleyes: