GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered a new golf r

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed

LOL... nice meme... I can only go with what the VW tech told me, said there was limitations to what the ECU allowed on the motor within the first 1100 miles. There's also ref to break in mileage in the owners manual.

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll eat my airedale if that's true.

Your airedale is safe.... Talked to the tech about that mileage and you are correct, the ECM doesn't limit power. I didn't understand that part when I picked up the car. What does happen is the ECM maxs out the oil pressure for the first 1100 miles, then it goes into a normal use mode.

As for break in, the manual expressly states not to full rev or floor the car during the first 600 miles. That was hard for me to do, but now with ~3k on the car, I'm having some fun now...

hotchicken

Ready to race!
If anybody is looking for one, the dealership in Franklin Tennessee had four as of last week. They have so many that some of them are parked outside! Unheard of here. They are usually inside with velvet ropes around them.

Backtrack2015

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought my R a couple of weeks ago in Austin, TX. Each of the three dealers here had six or eight of them. Even with this large inventory, none of the dealers would allow a test-drive without negotiating a price. It was beyond annoying, but the test-drive for me is typically just a verification step (as opposed to what makes the sale), so I eventually played the game.