GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deleted

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Second this. I've owned sometimes multiple sets of aftermarket wheels at a time and never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Same here... Even crappy ones. Never one bad wheel

wofol

Ready to race!
I suppose I'll make an update post as well, after going to Discount tire months ago to get hub centric rings put on, then going to the dealer to get an alignment and re-balance/road force balance - I'm still having vibrations from 70-85ish. Wheels are Konig Ampliforms paired with Michelin PS4S 245/40/18.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Jesus...I was considering buying some wheels from Discount Tire, but this thread is scaring me away.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Anybody know where I can get cone seat lug bolts for Konig Ampliforms 18"? I think thats whats causing my vibration

Do you mean you're not using cone seat bolts now? Because that's what those use.

Edit: Go to Discount Tire and buy a set of bolts from them, they'll have them.

Last edited:

wofol

Ready to race!
FINAL UPDATE:

I took the car to discount tire to make sure that the dealership didn't remove the hub rings and or change my bolts, as I no longer trust the dealerships.

Got to discount, told them that I wanted them to check the balancing, make sure the wheels are not warped or bent, bolts were cone seats, check to see if I still had hub rings, and to re-balance the tires WITH the after waiting 2 hours I got my car back.

To sum it up, the bolts that got installed when I first got my wheels put on by discount WERE in fact cones. However, the dealership did NOT balance my tires correctly, and did not balance them with the hub rings on. 3 of the 4 tires were balanced incorrectly, according to the discount tire rep. They did all the work for free at discount, at the dealership I paid roughly $400 for them to screw it up. I wonder if I can get my money back? I got a re-balance, road force balance, and alignment at the dealer.

Now after like 6 months, I can finally drive at 80mph with no vibration!!

PhonzGTI

FINAL UPDATE:

I took the car to discount tire to make sure that the dealership didn't remove the hub rings and or change my bolts, as I no longer trust the dealerships.

Got to discount, told them that I wanted them to check the balancing, make sure the wheels are not warped or bent, bolts were cone seats, check to see if I still had hub rings, and to re-balance the tires WITH the after waiting 2 hours I got my car back.

To sum it up, the bolts that got installed when I first got my wheels put on by discount WERE in fact cones. However, the dealership did NOT balance my tires correctly, and did not balance them with the hub rings on. 3 of the 4 tires were balanced incorrectly, according to the discount tire rep. They did all the work for free at discount, at the dealership I paid roughly $400 for them to screw it up. I wonder if I can get my money back? I got a re-balance, road force balance, and alignment at the dealer.

Now after like 6 months, I can finally drive at 80mph with no vibration!!

So maybe re-title this VW Dealer Idiots?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk