GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CQuartz UK 3.0 maintenance

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Hi all,

I just did my first ceramic coat on my Golf R. Used CQuartz UK 3.0 based on it's longevity after seeing a few youtube videos like this one:
https://youtu.be/fznghWNhPzA

And especially this one: https://youtu.be/byKcYsEyWGk

Lots of prep work, lots of elbow grease, but finally done. I can't tell if our paint is soft or hard, LOL, the stock paint gets scratches rather easy but it's a real pain to try to get them out. :eek:

My questions are, what can we use to keep the new ceramic coating clean? Besides a wash, can I use Adam's detail spray for quick wipe downs? Adam's waterless wash? How often can you use reload? I assume you can do all the above. It's 36 hours in and I'm not overwhelmed with the slickness so far, at least to the touch, it was better after I used the reload (within 60 min of applying the coating's second coat), but I'm still waiting for it to really 'harden' I guess. Time will tell.

timmytva

Passed Driver's Ed
Not CQuartz specifically, but I got my car Ceramic Pro coated. The detailer who did it said any PH neutral car wash will be fine. He recommended Optimum's Car Wash (just the normal stuff).

I've been using Chemical Guys Carbon Flex Vitalize, mainly because I bought a whole bunch of new car wash supplies - buckets, mitts, towels, brushes, etc - from them and it was easy to add a few products to try. So far so good. Car is VERY easy to wash.

I've spent hours researching what kind of quick detailers, etc to use. Bottom line seems to be find one that doesn't leave behind wax of other surface enhancers. I bought Ceramic Pro's Clean (spot cleaner and surface prep) and Care (maintenance spray). Terribly over-priced but a little goes a loooong way.

I will probably get some Optimum No Rinse for quick "in-between full wash" cleanings. I'm not sure about the true waterless washes yet. Still researching.

Good luck. Follow up with your results, how it works out, etc.

Tim

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Not CQuartz specifically, but I got my car Ceramic Pro coated. The detailer who did it said any PH neutral car wash will be fine. He recommended Optimum's Car Wash (just the normal stuff).

I've been using Chemical Guys Carbon Flex Vitalize, mainly because I bought a whole bunch of new car wash supplies - buckets, mitts, towels, brushes, etc - from them and it was easy to add a few products to try. So far so good. Car is VERY easy to wash.

I've spent hours researching what kind of quick detailers, etc to use. Bottom line seems to be find one that doesn't leave behind wax of other surface enhancers. I bought Ceramic Pro's Clean (spot cleaner and surface prep) and Care (maintenance spray). Terribly over-priced but a little goes a loooong way.

I will probably get some Optimum No Rinse for quick "in-between full wash" cleanings. I'm not sure about the true waterless washes yet. Still researching.

Good luck. Follow up with your results, how it works out, etc.

Tim

Thanks for the advice. I have so much Adam's stuff, 3 Detail spray bottles, 2 waterless wash, and a bunch more. I'm sure most all car washes will be fine, I don't have any wash/waxes so no worries there. I guess I'm just gonna ReLoad it every couple months I guess.

I will most definitely drop back in and update as time goes on.

IceBerg4k1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks for the advice. I have so much Adam's stuff, 3 Detail spray bottles, 2 waterless wash, and a bunch more. I'm sure most all car washes will be fine, I don't have any wash/waxes so no worries there. I guess I'm just gonna ReLoad it every couple months I guess.

I will most definitely drop back in and update as time goes on.

Whenever you want to reapply Reload, it would be a good time to use Reset for the wash soap. EliXir makes for a good drying aid after each wash if you want to stay with the brand and increase the life of the Reload. I use Bead Maker as my drying aid every weekly wash on top of whatever sealant I have laid down. Love that stuff.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Just a small update. I've decided to use P&S Beadmaker as a maintenance sealant. It's so easy to use and after the first heavier application, now I just apply it as a drying agent as I wipe down my car after a wash. It is super slick 6-8 hrs after application. We'll see how this works through the fall and then maybe a CarPro Reload before winter to get through.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I did this on my last car and 6-7 months later it wasn't hydrophobic at all. Was kinda depressing. Reload didn't help to renew or restore any of the coating, it just acted as a temporary sealant. I was really impressed at first though.

I claybarred it, iron-x, polish, eraser, and then 2 coats of cquartz 3.0 and barely got 6 months out of it. I used either hydrosilex or chemical guys v7 after every wash using only mr pink, a ph neutral soap. I'm in FL and it wasn't garage kept, constantly in the sun, so maybe that had something to do with it. I expected at least a year out of it though.

Calle

Passed Driver's Ed
I have 2 years now on my CQuartz UK coating and it still performs really good. But I've started using Tac Systems Quartz Max instead of Reload, much easier to apply (no streaks) and seems to last longer.

yakuza70

Passed Driver's Ed
Just a small update. I've decided to use P&S Beadmaker as a maintenance sealant. It's so easy to use and after the first heavier application, now I just apply it as a drying agent as I wipe down my car after a wash. It is super slick 6-8 hrs after application. We'll see how this works through the fall and then maybe a CarPro Reload before winter to get through.

About six weeks ago, I installed CQuartz Lite (two coats) on my Pure White GTI. The prep work was exhausting but worth it in the end. After much thought and research, I decided on using P&S Beadmaker as a topper too. It's worked out well so far!

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I have 2 years now on my CQuartz UK coating and it still performs really good. But I've started using Tac Systems Quartz Max instead of Reload, much easier to apply (no streaks) and seems to last longer.

I'll have to check that out, never heard of them before.

I am extremely happy with P&S Beadmaker, I just simply spray it on the still wet washed car and use it as a drying aid. About 4-8 hrs later the finish feels amazing, I mean, better than a fresh carnauba wax feel! I know it only lasts about a month but it's cheap.