GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Any Euro shop should have VCDS.

As for the ones that don't, they probably don't look at it. They aren't as sensitive as people think, but it's a good starting point to confirm everything is in order.

So voltage can't be checked any other way than VCDS or OBD11?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Iirc, didn't Ed hook them up to some kind of a volt reader prior to install?

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=722376&postcount=790

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
My dyno tuning is scheduled for next week @ EQT. Got all the supporting bits in place and my upgraded MAP / MPI looks to be working well with the base map. Looking forward to finally wrapping up the build. Since my last tune I've gone built block, valve springs, XL turbo housing, upgraded MAP, MPI and replaced factory PCV.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
My dyno tuning is scheduled for next week @ EQT. Got all the supporting bits in place and my upgraded MAP / MPI looks to be working well with the base map. Looking forward to finally wrapping up the build. Since my last tune I've gone built block, valve springs, XL turbo housing, upgraded MAP, MPI and replaced factory PCV.

Curious as to what internals you went with for your built block or did you just buy IE's block?

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Curious as to what internals you went with for your built block or did you just buy IE's block?

Went with IE short block so Mahle 83mm pistons, Mahle rod bearings and IE Tuscan rods. Installed Ferrea valve springs/retainers while the block was apart.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Well guys.... after a lengthy (and somewhat painful) process...

I'm now a full fledged paying sponsor, so I'll be starting up a few fresh threads over the next couple weeks. My old threads have been brought back to life, so at least that info is not lost. Glad to be part of this little corner of the internet again!

Thanks
-- Ed