GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

slow12s

Ready to race!
I'm in the east valley but will go anywhere if the shop is right, I've been to Apex Customs for my tint and Goodspeed for my euro tail light install because I do not want to mess with electrical.. lol. Trying to find "the best" shop to install an EQT turbo, intercooler, etc..

I've heard good things about tuning gruppe, that's likely where i'll go when I upgrade my clutch...I think london auto is more of the budget option (and they're pretty far out in the west valley) and lusso is the more expensive option (they work on lots of supercars and are in scottsdale so that's probably why they're a bit more)...there's a lot more local people (and local advice as far as shops and whatnot) on the vw facebook groups than on this forum ("AZVW" and "AZ VW MK7 Drivers Club")

wofol

Ready to race!
I've heard good things about tuning gruppe, that's likely where i'll go when I upgrade my clutch...I think london auto is more of the budget option (and they're pretty far out in the west valley) and lusso is the more expensive option (they work on lots of supercars and are in scottsdale so that's probably why they're a bit more)...there's a lot more local people (and local advice as far as shops and whatnot) on the vw facebook groups than on this forum ("AZVW" and "AZ VW MK7 Drivers Club")
Sweet, I think I know exactly where Lusso is, $450 a month to store a supercar, that's more than my car payment .. I'd love to be rich! Lol. Lusso might be an option for me as I'd assume they know what theyre doing.

I'll check out the FB group, and I'll also look into Tuning Gruppe. Did you install your IC/other mods by yourself as well?

slow12s

Ready to race!
Sweet, I think I know exactly where Lusso is, $450 a month to store a supercar, that's more than my car payment .. I'd love to be rich! Lol. Lusso might be an option for me as I'd assume they know what theyre doing.

I'll check out the FB group, and I'll also look into Tuning Gruppe. Did you install your IC/other mods by yourself as well?

so far I have done everything myself, but the intercooler and springs I'd consider paying for if I were to do it again, they were both a huge pain in the ass...not anything difficult, just extremely time consuming (and way more of a pain than the Honda's I used to work on lol)...I just installed the springs last weekend so they're still settling (I haven't even had a chance to take a picture since the install) and it took me and a buddy pretty much a full day (8ish hours in 100+ degree heat)...the intercooler was closer to 4 hours, but I had access to a buddies shop (lift and air tools) for that install, the springs we just installed in my garage...i've never done a clutch install so probably wouldn't feel as comfortable with that, but a turbo swap i'd consider doing myself (when the time comes)...let me know how your experience is with either shop if you can so I know when I need to use them :)

Jrb5

Passed Driver's Ed
Where did you get them installed? I see you're in AZ so I'm trying to find a reputable shop, unless you did them yourself

Exklusive Auto off Peoria was $275 for the spring install out the door. I'd go again even if they forgot to install the headlight leveling sensor. Not the end of the world.

Jrb5

Passed Driver's Ed
No accompanying damper upgrade? If not the stock shocks are gonna be toast in short order.

VWR springs are designed to work with the stock dampers.

Any lower, yes, but for these VWR springs, not needed.

Stories of mild springs eating struts are normally from higher mileage cars with original struts still on them.

The same applies for spacers. Spacers causing wheel bearing failure are normally from putting larger spacers on older vehicles with original wheel bearings. Yes theoretically even a quality hubcentric spacer will wear a wheel bearing faster, but on a new vehicle that's marginal.

slow12s

Ready to race!
Exklusive Auto off Peoria was $275 for the spring install out the door. I'd go again even if they forgot to install the headlight leveling sensor. Not the end of the world.

killer price, I'll have to check them out

wofol

Ready to race!
so far I have done everything myself, but the intercooler and springs I'd consider paying for if I were to do it again, they were both a huge pain in the ass...not anything difficult, just extremely time consuming (and way more of a pain than the Honda's I used to work on lol)...I just installed the springs last weekend so they're still settling (I haven't even had a chance to take a picture since the install) and it took me and a buddy pretty much a full day (8ish hours in 100+ degree heat)...the intercooler was closer to 4 hours, but I had access to a buddies shop (lift and air tools) for that install, the springs we just installed in my garage...i've never done a clutch install so probably wouldn't feel as comfortable with that, but a turbo swap i'd consider doing myself (when the time comes)...let me know how your experience is with either shop if you can so I know when I need to use them :)
I will! I don't plan on modding until winter (Nov / December) as I need to save up a few more thousand for everything that I'm buying.

Not a bad price, I'll look into them as well

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Just installed a Cobb stage 1 91 OTS tune. I can definitely feel a difference! I’m getting protuned next month along with getting my intercooler & downpipe installed. Can’t wait to see how much of difference it will be after! Going to have a nap for E85 and 91.
Not feeling any clutch slippage yet, so that’s good. Upgrading my clutch as well.

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
VWR springs are designed to work with the stock dampers.

Any lower, yes, but for these VWR springs, not needed.

Stories of mild springs eating struts are normally from higher mileage cars with original struts still on them.

Is this verified? It could just be marketing hype.
I've heard reports of stock struts shot 1-2 years after springs install.
I want to go low but I'm not sure how yet...

wofol

Ready to race!
If I could give my two cents, I'm going to get VWR springs as I don't really care about adjusting my height, I want a drop no lower than 1.5 as I mainly want to eliminate a majority of the wheel gap. BUT I will be upgrading the dampers

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
Here are a few things I have done this past month:

Got my 7.5 replica lights installed and coded, and a ECS rear wiper delete. The wiring was tedious, thank for for DAP's tutorial.

Also test fitted this new Oettinger carbon knock off wing, don't know how I feel about it, it's not installed yet it's just resting on there for pictures.

Also removed the rear seats/spare/jack/tools and mocked up a floor mat from home depot and cut it to fit and velcroed it to the existing carpet.

Also got new side mirror carbon look caps, not bad for $23

Also got some new metal wheel cap stickers to cover the Alzor 881 caps that already peeled off.

Also installed Maxton gloss front v2 spoiler and the gloss side skirts, just forgot to take pics, but they came out real nice!

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
i have the spullen springs on my car now with stock dampers and did eibachs with the stock dampers on my mk6 GLI, and eibachs on my mk4 GLI before that. i do feel it shortens the life but its not like they blow out in 2 years... but with any mod that adds stress to intended design of our cars does that its a normal and realistic expectation with modifying cars but I'm aware of that possibility before i do anything. but honestly - while its easily bearable driving comfort wise you can definitely tell there are massive amounts of room for rebound performance improvements - regardless of what the brand "claims" the stock struts/shocks are valves specifically tuned to the stock height and rate springs. you CAN use them but its not ideal performance and comfort wise in my experience opinion.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just installed a Cobb stage 1 91 OTS tune. I can definitely feel a difference! I’m getting protuned next month along with getting my intercooler & downpipe installed. Can’t wait to see how much of difference it will be after! Going to have a nap for E85 and 91.
Not feeling any clutch slippage yet, so that’s good. Upgrading my clutch as well.

You'll feel a huge difference after the DP, IC and protune. Around 75 to 100 HP depending on how good your tuner is.

AA 954

Passed Driver's Ed

Nice, if you plan on running a map for E85 you might want to evaluate upgrading some of your fuel components if you haven’t already...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro