GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

MadMen

Ready to race!
Can you post some logs? What are you considering rich?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Thanks. Did that. I’m running pretty rich I think but I’ll lean it out later when I know WTF I’m doing. I am assuming my boost curve needs to looks a bit different then stock to match timing and fueling adjustments for ethanol. I keep getting knock and since I adjusted the sliders to 94 and 26psi it’s been much better. Normal knock conditions.

In order, what are the crucial parameters to be looking at first?

Fuel
Timing
Boost
...?
Are there tip in adjustments that can be made. I know in my WRX I needed to adjust that for E-85.

Yes I am a noob but I learn quickly. Any guidance would be welcomed. You have already been such a help and that is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you started with the ED base map you're running on the lean side.

I made more power by adding fuel.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Is it a better practice to edit the values in the "Max Air Flow Setpoint, Low" maps to reach boost targets, or edit the values in the "Maximum Clutch Torque" table to achieve the boost targets? Please explain why.

I'm currently using the Maximum Clutch Torque map to control the bottom end and top end. The mid range of the turbo I have set to a torque value that is about 27 PSI, but I run my boost slider around 25 psi. The theory is I can use the slider to move the mid range of the turbo up and down, but keep tighter control of the turbo down low and up top.

Thanks!

Last edited:

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
The reason it's bothering me, is the OTS Boss 500 stage 3 file for BT cars has the max torque clutch settings at 700 across the board. Why use 700 if the tune is limited to 546 at most?

It could be just a random number ED chose that basically means just use the highest allowable?

Just seems odd I guess.

I noticed something interesting with the Maestro stage 1.5 file as I was flashed it to try to get ready for CA emissions. I basically imported all stage 2 tables that were different vs stage 1.5 into stage 1.5 file, so in summary all the tables and values are the same between stage 1.5 and 2.

The expectation is logs between 1.5 and 2 will look identical under similar test conditions (morning runs in 3rd gear, same PSI and Octane settings), but to my surprise, with stage 1.5, both torque and timing are lower after 5k rpm (more like limited).

The only conclusion I can come up with is that there are parameters/tables in stage 1.5 and 2 which are not exposed, such as upper torque limit (and timing in case of stage 1.5), at least from my experience.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Can the injector constants be adjusted in maestro for E-85?

Don't do that, you're going to cause other fueling issues. Use the slider or the E85 fields in the file for E85 enrichment.

People had issues with the slider early on, but as long as you flash the correct loader file it seems to work great.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
Don't do that, you're going to cause other fueling issues. Use the slider or the E85 fields in the file for E85 enrichment.

People had issues with the slider early on, but as long as you flash the correct loader file it seems to work great.

I seem to be getting rough idle that’s why I ask. Posting a log in a few.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
Does anyone know how to enable VCDS viewing of ethanol content? I’m pinned to the ecu A71 with a UM flex sensor. Just trying to check it.