GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New 19 R owner from Wisco

Ruffstik

Coming from a 08 BMW 135i fully COBB tuned...but became a maintenance nightmare. Had the R about 2 weeks now and just cracked 1100 miles. I do feel that I will need an exhaust sooner than later..

Attachments

• 5FE2303E-EE39-4409-9B3B-45B664D96257.jpeg
    5FE2303E-EE39-4409-9B3B-45B664D96257.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 820

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!
Congrats on the R! Love the color combo. I use to have an 08 135i. To this day I still miss it dearly. Pretty stock outside of the performance exhaust, N55 mid pipe, and some cosmetic bits. 1M rep front bumper. CSL wheels and trunk, Euro taillights.

Out of curiosity, what was the maintenance nightmare? I didn’t have any issues with mine. I had it until 65k miles.

IMG_0945.JPG
IMG_0947.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruffstik

you name it..and it broke...at least once. Good ol N54 was good for 3k miles or 2 months..whichever came first lol. But dont get me wrong..had it 11 years and loved it. Service engine light came on too just as I was trading it in but was able to clear the code thankfully.

Attachments

• 57645598571__3CE3257E-CB48-40CC-9449-53D61703F15B.JPG
    57645598571__3CE3257E-CB48-40CC-9449-53D61703F15B.JPG
    487.7 KB · Views: 742

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Congratulations. Do you happen to listen to the Jim Rome radio show?

VeloDub1

Passed Driver's Ed
Coming from a 08 BMW 135i fully COBB tuned...but became a maintenance nightmare. Had the R about 2 weeks now and just cracked 1100 miles. I do feel that I will need an exhaust sooner than later..

Nice, welcome to the forum ;-) I've had my 2019 about 3 months now. I've been looking at exhaust as well. FYI the 18-19 have a different rear valance, so exhaust that are made for the 15-17 won't work or will have to be modified to fit correctly. I installed a res-delete pipe as a temp/quick fix, it's a cheap way to get a little more volume (no drone) and less restriction. Honestly, it's just a small bump in sound, most people won't notice it, especially inside the car, but it is a little more outside the car.
I've been looking at the APR (valveless) and AWE track edition, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Have fun modding ;-)

I told myself when I got the car, that I wasn't going to mod it, LOL, but in 3 months I've already changed the wheels, springs, res-delete, short shifter, badge skins and a JB4. Oh well.
Some pics here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54484

Good luck with your new car!!

Ruffstik

Nice, welcome to the forum ;-) I've had my 2019 about 3 months now. I've been looking at exhaust as well. FYI the 18-19 have a different rear valance, so exhaust that are made for the 15-17 won't work or will have to be modified to fit correctly. I installed a res-delete pipe as a temp/quick fix, it's a cheap way to get a little more volume (no drone) and less restriction. Honestly, it's just a small bump in sound, most people won't notice it, especially inside the car, but it is a little more outside the car.
I've been looking at the APR (valveless) and AWE track edition, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Have fun modding ;-)

I told myself when I got the car, that I wasn't going to mod it, LOL, but in 3 months I've already changed the wheels, springs, res-delete, short shifter, badge skins and a JB4. Oh well.
Some pics here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54484

Good luck with your new car!!

Yeah. There are lots of things I want to do but the VW warranty police have me scared. One of the main reasons I finally pulled the trigger was to snag one of the last 6 year warranty Rs.

ice raptor

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats on the new R. Just picked mine up a month ago. it being a 16 though. The white is always nice on the car. Where in wisco you located? We should get a group going!