GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
If you actually have to do a fueling upgrade, Pagparts has a solution that will deliver consistent, high volume, cavitation free fuel for $700ish depending on pump choice.
:cool:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
That’s not good news for me. I’ve been having a issue with boost leaking, and the shop said it’s coming from the wastegate shaft. Anyone have experience with that?

Lmfao...not physically possible.

Find a new shop.

LVGolfR

Passed Driver's Ed
Lmfao...not physically possible.

Find a new shop.

They smoked it, and that’s the only area leaking smoke. I’m not hitting full boost until almost 4700 RPM. Charge side is leak free. Ed said look for pre turbo exhaust leaks. Not sure what else I can do at this point.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
They smoked it, and that’s the only area leaking smoke. I’m not hitting full boost until almost 4700 RPM. Charge side is leak free. Ed said look for pre turbo exhaust leaks. Not sure what else I can do at this point.

That shaft is only accessible to gasses after they have already passed through the turbine or the wastegate.

You could have a wastegate issue, but that's not it.

LVGolfR

Passed Driver's Ed
That shaft is only accessible to gasses after they have already passed through the turbine or the wastegate.

You could have a wastegate issue, but that's not it.

No leaks on charge side, this current issue is normal, any suggestions for the slow spool? It holds boost once it builds it. What else could be wrong with the wastegate?

Hoon

Autocross Champion
No leaks on charge side, this current issue is normal, any suggestions for the slow spool? It holds boost once it builds it. What else could be wrong with the wastegate?

You have VCDS or OBD11? Check wastegate voltage

Hoon

Autocross Champion
How are shops checking the voltage when they don't have VCDS or OBD11?

Any Euro shop should have VCDS.

As for the ones that don't, they probably don't look at it. They aren't as sensitive as people think, but it's a good starting point to confirm everything is in order.