GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maestro DIY Tuning Help

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
TB controller is in. NGK 9’s plugs, Nostrum HPFP is in and MAP/PUT sensors are back in. Still on my IS20. Can I run full e-85 with the sliders in eurodyne? I would assume yes but just want to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadMen

Ready to race!
TB controller is in. NGK 9’s plugs, Nostrum HPFP is in and MAP/PUT sensors are back in. Still on my IS20. Can I run full e-85 with the sliders in eurodyne? I would assume yes but just want to be sure.

Not unless you’re MPI.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Even with a 525 LPFP, HPFP and TB controller?

IS20 you should be fine.

Bigger turbo would misfire at peak HP because of the injectors.

Personally, I'd get rid of that HPFP and put the money towards MPI. Meastro can't control HPFPs properly, nor can you expand the injection window to use them to potential. Better to add capacity through the low pressure side.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
IS20 you should be fine.

Bigger turbo would misfire at peak HP because of the injectors.

Personally, I'd get rid of that HPFP and put the money towards MPI. Meastro can't control HPFPs properly, nor can you expand the injection window to use them to potential. Better to add capacity through the low pressure side.

I have the 1300/MPI kit sitting here. I don’t have the time to do it. I have had this HPFP for 2 years and want to use the damn thing. [emoji23] have a L450 sitting as well. Going to do them together then crank it up.

In the mean time I just want a blasty little street torque monster that runs full e-85. I have the UM flex sensor wired in as well so I can see my ethanol content through VCDS.

Do I even need to change my MAP/PUT out? I’m assuming not since ED limits boost.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I have the 1300/MPI kit sitting here. I don’t have the time to do it. I have had this HPFP for 2 years and want to use the damn thing. [emoji23] have a L450 sitting as well. Going to do them together then crank it up.

In the mean time I just want a blasty little street torque monster that runs full e-85. I have the UM flex sensor wired in as well so I can see my ethanol content through VCDS.

Do I even need to change my MAP/PUT out? I’m assuming not since ED limits boost.

No not for the IS20.

On the L450 you will be limited to 2 bar of boost, which is still enough to make 450whp on E85.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
No not for the IS20.

On the L450 you will be limited to 2 bar of boost, which is still enough to make 450whp on E85.

I’m stoked to get MPI/l450 in and crank it up. Would be wonderful to get as close to 500whp as possible on e-85. What have you seen performance wise?

Thanks @hoon

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I’m stoked to get MPI/l450 in and crank it up. Would be wonderful to get as close to 500whp as possible on e-85. What have you seen performance wise?

Thanks @hoon

400whp on pump at 28psi, had a hardware issue when I was ready to turn it up.

Will be ready to go again soon, making 349/425 with an IS20 right now for fun.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
400whp on pump at 28psi, had a hardware issue when I was ready to turn it up.

Will be ready to go again soon, making 349/425 with an IS20 right now for fun.

Nice. Share your map? Lol

On a serious note... where do I find ethanol content in VCDS? I’m wired into pin 71.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
Alright guys. Getting knock with e50
Knocking like crazy. Mostly actually all on the front. The back end has plenty of fuel and has no knock. Can tip-in be adjusted in ED?

Last edited:

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
Just realized the slider sucks when tuning begins. Now I’m running super rich now that I have disregarded the ethanol portion of the slider

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
You need to go Maestro, abandon the E85 slider because it's stupid, and make your own timing maps. Put in ethanol% as 85 and ethanol in tank as 50%. It will adjust stft accordingly.

Tune with your slider set to 97/98. Then if you have a instance where you need to run pump gas slide it down to 87 to be safe.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
You need to go Maestro, abandon the E85 slider because it's stupid, and make your own timing maps. Put in ethanol% as 85 and ethanol in tank as 50%. It will adjust stft accordingly.

Tune with your slider set to 97/98. Then if you have a instance where you need to run pump gas slide it down to 87 to be safe.

Thanks. Did that. I’m running pretty rich I think but I’ll lean it out later when I know WTF I’m doing. I am assuming my boost curve needs to looks a bit different then stock to match timing and fueling adjustments for ethanol. I keep getting knock and since I adjusted the sliders to 94 and 26psi it’s been much better. Normal knock conditions.

In order, what are the crucial parameters to be looking at first?

Fuel
Timing
Boost
...?
Are there tip in adjustments that can be made. I know in my WRX I needed to adjust that for E-85.

Yes I am a noob but I learn quickly. Any guidance would be welcomed. You have already been such a help and that is appreciated.