GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DG springs are no more.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I am trying to order some for my Golf and they are out of stock at pretty much every dealer in the country, my local parts guy checked. He said the system simply states they are on back order BUT he thinks they are being discontinued due to the MK8 coming out relatively soon. I'm trying to find a 3rd party site to buy them from but most indicate they are sold out or won't ship for a few weeks which probably means they won't even get them.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
I am trying to order some for my Golf and they are out of stock at pretty much every dealer in the country, my local parts guy checked. He said the system simply states they are on back order BUT he thinks they are being discontinued due to the MK8 coming out relatively soon. I'm trying to find a 3rd party site to buy them from but most indicate they are sold out or won't ship for a few weeks which probably means they won't even get them.

I have a set, They were on my car for around 3k miles. Bought from DAP. Will sell for $175 plus shipping (looks to be about $25 to WI from PA). Can post pics tomorrow if you're interested.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I have a set, They were on my car for around 3k miles. Bought from DAP. Will sell for $175 plus shipping (looks to be about $25 to WI from PA). Can post pics tomorrow if you're interested.

Hey thanks, I'll let you know within a few days if I can't find a new set for a reasonable price.

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
No problem. Here are some pics just in case.

Attachments

• box_front_sm.jpg
    box_front_sm.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 652
  • springs_sm.jpg
    springs_sm.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 658
  • model_number_sm.jpg
    model_number_sm.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 664

Torquey

on_the_overrun
I was able to order a set through https://drivergear.vw.com/, which basically pulls up all the dealers near you that are offering the item, and their prices. One of my local dealers had it for $165, and I jumped on it! Received an email from them the next morning with the following:

The item on your order is "red order" part. Meaning there are none in North America and will have to be ordered from Germany. It usually takes about two weeks to get something in stock from Germany. We will need a full vin number on your car to get that order started also. So until we get a vin, this item of your order will not be ordered.

So of course I sent them my VIN#, and now my order is showing processed with an estimated ship date of 8/31. We'll see if some VW parts warehouse in Germany truly has some of these sets collecting dust (or not). :)

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!
I was able to order a set through https://drivergear.vw.com/, which basically pulls up all the dealers near you that are offering the item, and their prices. One of my local dealers had it for $165, and I jumped on it! Received an email from them the next morning with the following:

The item on your order is "red order" part. Meaning there are none in North America and will have to be ordered from Germany. It usually takes about two weeks to get something in stock from Germany. We will need a full vin number on your car to get that order started also. So until we get a vin, this item of your order will not be ordered.

So of course I sent them my VIN#, and now my order is showing processed with an estimated ship date of 8/31. We'll see if some VW parts warehouse in Germany truly has some of these sets collecting dust (or not). :)

what is the part number?

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Is it correct these only work on the 2015-2017 Golfs? If so that would explain them being discontinued.

dsgvw

Ready to race!
I ordered from a MD dealer that was fairly close to me and haven’t heard news on the item for 5 days now. Of course they charged me within minutes of the transaction haha.

Going to be bummed if these aren’t available anymore.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Is it correct these only work on the 2015-2017 Golfs? If so that would explain them being discontinued.

They should work with the 7.5...unless VW changed the suspension.

You could also run some stock GTI springs. They'll be a bit firmer and will drop the car slightly.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
They should work with the 7.5...unless VW changed the suspension.

You could also run some stock GTI springs. They'll be a bit firmer and will drop the car slightly.

Maybe they just haven't updated the compatibility info since 2017. It wouldn't surprise me if they did change something with the suspension though considering the cost cutting measures they made across the Golf and GTI lineup.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
They fit fine on any mk7.5 GTI or Golf

TCdaosithui

Ready to race!

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
My dealer supposedly ordered them today.

We’ll see if they ship.