GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AID retrofit

Anothergenius

Hey guys,

I was just watching something on youtube and I came out watching this video.
I read on forums that it is very difficult to install an AID, but on this video it seems very simple. If you pay attention at the end, he projects his phone screen onto the AID.

Unfortunately there is no information in the description. I don't think this is an OEM VW part either. He is transfer the old cluster to the new also?

Someone more info about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dW_3zDzQR8&t=336s

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Definitely not an OEM part\retrofit. Looks akin to getting a cheap Chinese Android headunit. He's mirroring his phone screen because that unit has an HDMI\USB input.

Physically, the retrofit isn't difficult. It's honestly just removing a few trim pieces, and 2 screws. One fiber cable you need to run. The difficult part comes in that you need an authorized dealer\shop to remove the component protection, transfer odometer mileage over, and code everything. You can't drive it until that is done, so you can't do the manual swap at home, and drive to a dealer for the rest. Since it's not a common thing, finding a dealer with the knowledge or desire to do it can be troublesome.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I believe there is no need for CP Removal, thats the reason he used the old cluster too, it is already matched to the car and the immo. Which makes it easier.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Definitely not an OEM part\retrofit. Looks akin to getting a cheap Chinese Android headunit. He's mirroring his phone screen because that unit has an HDMI\USB input.

Definitely not OEM but i honestly think it looks better than the OEM one haha.

I just ordered an AliExpress dongle that enables wireless CarPlay so probably has something similar integrated to mirror the screen.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Hey guys,

I was just watching something on youtube and I came out watching this video.
I read on forums that it is very difficult to install an AID, but on this video it seems very simple. If you pay attention at the end, he projects his phone screen onto the AID.

Unfortunately there is no information in the description. I don't think this is an OEM VW part either. He is transfer the old cluster to the new also?

Someone more info about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dW_3zDzQR8&t=336s

Don't get this crappy aftermarket part!!! These are potentially unsafe.

Installing the AID isn't hard. It's a matter of plugging 2 cables and activtating it. The first part is a very easy DIY, the second part needs to be done by the dealer or someone who has access to the tools/knowledge to do this.