GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

dmals

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone here have Unitronic stage 2 tune with catted DP, Due for an emissions test by November and seeing if anyone has run into issues passing emissions when flashing back to stock. Thanks

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Anyone here have Unitronic stage 2 tune with catted DP, Due for an emissions test by November and seeing if anyone has run into issues passing emissions when flashing back to stock. Thanks
You'll need an o2 spacer but it shouldn't be a problem on a stock file+o2 spacer

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I live in Chicago, but the garage I do side work from is in Lombard.

This sounds pretty stupid, but how much would you charge to install some carbon fiber mirror caps. I attempted the install, broke the clips right off and am now in the process of getting another set, but not sure if i wanna try it again....:mad:

BTW, I'm out by Midway Airport.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
This sounds pretty stupid, but how much would you charge to install some carbon fiber mirror caps. I attempted the install, broke the clips right off and am now in the process of getting another set, but not sure if i wanna try it again....:mad:

BTW, I'm out by Midway Airport.
Send me a pm with the caps you ordered so I can take a look.

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
Met up with Jay745 tonight and he installed an Audi short shift bracket in my MK7. He's a hell of a guy and did a bang up job on a simple mod. I definitely learned a lot. Really stoked to have this community for stuff like this to come out of it.

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
Met up with Jay745 tonight and he installed an Audi short shift bracket in my MK7. He's a hell of a guy and did a bang up job on a simple mod. I definitely learned a lot. Really stoked to have this community for stuff like this to come out of it.

Have you noticed any improvement? I’ve been sitting on this mod for three years. Never bother to install.

earthquake_glue

Passed Driver's Ed
Have you noticed any improvement? I’ve been sitting on this mod for three years. Never bother to install.

I'd say it's very OEM+. Throws into each gear are noticeably shorter.

Next step will be to upgrade the bushings and relay lever, if I recall correctly.

As my first mod, with little other experience, I'd say go for it.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Hey nice meeting you yesterday and congrats on the home purchase!

Boondock

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI S
Jay745 and DubVader are the shit. Worked with me through 3 clutch jobs and doing my suspension.

Installed a Sachs TTRS clutch, got the wrong TOB. Car was undrivable within a week and a half. Sorted it out and got the right TOB swapped in. Car was good for a few days then was slipping in every gear. That Mk6 TOB toasted the clutch. Warranty exchanged a new Sachs Performance clutch kit and they did the full job again plus installed my shocks, springs, and rear sway bar.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Jay745 and DubVader are the shit. Worked with me through 3 clutch jobs and doing my suspension.

Installed a Sachs TTRS clutch, got the wrong TOB. Car was undrivable within a week and a half. Sorted it out and got the right TOB swapped in. Car was good for a few days then was slipping in every gear. That Mk6 TOB toasted the clutch. Warranty exchanged a new Sachs Performance clutch kit and they did the full job again plus installed my shocks, springs, and rear sway bar.

Glad it's sorted now... let's hope that's the last clutch for a while! Excited for you to finally be able to beat on that thing properly without having any slipping issues, you should be pretty much ending the break in period now with how much you drive.

Wolphe

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 TSi
If anyone's got a line on a 2015-2017 Pure White GTI front bumper cover, please let me know. It's surprisingly harder to find than even just a year ago.