GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mods so far...including THE BEST GTD REAR DIFFUSER!

DeanzMK7GTD

Hey everyone,

Brand new to this particular forum having just acquired my MK7 Golf GTD. Managed to pick this baby up with low mileage and a tonne of optional extras, including heated seats, heated windscreen, Discover Nav Pro, Dynaudio Sound System, Park Assist and panoramic sunroof.

I'm by no means a serious modder when it comes to my cars these days, but i just like the subtle enhancements that make it OEM+

That being said, lets get into it...

GTI style rear diffuser
Upgraded cornering bulbs by MTEC
Lockwood International GTD stainless steel door sill set (8pcs front and back doors)
Stainless sports footrest
Upgraded LED number plate bulbs
Pressed metal number plates
VW motorsport number plate surrounds
GTD mirror decals

The next mods i'm thinking of are Eibach Pro kit and possibly spacers, depending how it sits. Maxton Design Front Splitter (V2), OEM Mudflaps and the OEM rubber mats...just still unsure on the mudflaps...

By far my favourite mod so far has to be the GTI style rear diffuser! It just finishes the back so well, and for £79.00 you cannot afford not to have it in my opinion. I recall reading a few posts on it on here by other members, banding it around as to whether it does or doesn't fit the GTD, but having fitted it 5 days ago, I can 100% confirm they do and it looks amazing, both fit and quality. If anyone needs any pointers on where to get it, how to fit it and taking your existing one out without damaging it, then just ask. Took me 2.5hrs start to finish...and i took my time at that.

And if the pictures i'm trying to upload work, you'll see that I have painted the exhaust pipes in matte black VHT paint. The reason for this is that the GTI diffuser is just ever so slightly shallower than the original and it exposed the silver pipework more than i wanted. So now it all blends nicely and you can't even see it.

Anyway, thanks for looking :)

IMG_20180622_195121_475.jpg

IMG_20180711_140039_862.jpg

IMG_20180716_072638GTD.jpg

IMG_20180802_160836GTD.jpg

IMG_20180802_160323.jpg

IMG_20180501_134758.jpg

IMG_20180802_204651_470GTD.jpg

Last edited:

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
That front end looks so good without any red. I’m trying to replicate this look myself. Have you thought about black mirror caps?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
How do I get two of those license plate frames? I didn't see anything on their website about selling them.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Did you need any additional fixings for the rear diffuser?

i bought the rear diffuser off ebay and it came with the brackets for installing. Does not come with the screws needed to hold them in but zip ties work well enough

Heathy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 VW GTD
Looks really nice, I have the same colour GTD and looking at getting a new Diffuser because the stock one is bland. So looking for ideas, was thinking of getting the Rieger diffuser in gloss black but bit more pricey, might order the door sills too been after some of them but just haven't got round to buying anything.

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
I had that rear diffuser on my old GTD when they were first launched about 2 years ago. Had it on and off about 5 times as I just couldn't decide if I could live with the huge exhaust cut out's with the relatively tiny exhaust tips of the GTD.

Eventually got some bigger tips on the exhaust which made it look better but still never perfect. Never understood why they made the cut out so large. Would be perfect otherwise ?

Frixos802

I had that rear diffuser on my old GTD when they were first launched about 2 years ago. Had it on and off about 5 times as I just couldn't decide if I could live with the huge exhaust cut out's with the relatively tiny exhaust tips of the GTD.

Eventually got some bigger tips on the exhaust which made it look better but still never perfect. Never understood why they made the cut out so large. Would be perfect otherwise ?

I am having the same dilemma. What size tips did you go for?