GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro MIB1 hacking

skndmx

Is it possible to get East Asian characters/fonts to work on the song info by any chance? Wondering if I can retrieve font file from the unit and replace with another. Any idea? Thank you.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Is it possible to get East Asian characters/fonts to work on the song info by any chance? Wondering if I can retrieve font file from the unit and replace with another. Any idea? Thank you.

yes, the font files are just TTF files on the unit, pretty sure you can easily replace them. I can help you get access to the unit. You will need a serial interface for this, or.... have one of these units (see PID/VID between brackets):

D-Link DUB-E100 (0x2001, 0x3c05)
D-Link DUB-E100 (0x2001, 0x1a02)
SMSC9500 (0x0424, 0x9500)
Germaneers LAN9514 (0x2721, 0xec00)
Cinterion AH6A 3G (0x1e2d, 0x0055)
Cinterion ALS1/ALS6 (0x1e2d, 0x0060)

skndmx

yes, the font files are just TTF files on the unit, pretty sure you can easily replace them. I can help you get access to the unit. You will need a serial interface for this, or.... have one of these units (see PID/VID between brackets):

Thank you for the info, I just googled this post yesterday, might need to dig into it further in order to make this work. Will ask if I come up with questions. Appreciate it!

ebwmcs

Hi
I got the D-Link E100 today,and already open the green memu.

Can you please help me how to replace asian font, then I can see the sd card music info (chinese)?

Thank you very much!

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Is there any way to save changes? I tried turning of the “loudness” off but when the unit is powered off then on, the change isn’t saved.

LC22

no mirrorlink??! :/

But it's weird!! If the software has the mirrorlink debug option…. There must be a way to make it work… :s

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
But it's weird!! If the software has the mirrorlink debug option…. There must be a way to make it work… :s

Probably just a remnant of development; perhaps they tried to get it in, but couldn't meet a deadline.

Either way, you cannot get it to work.. ever.

warpigroadkill

I have a Japanese mk7R in the UK and wanted to know how to change the software/firmware over to EU? I can't seem to find it online and the dealership won't touch the infotainment at my local one. I've been told it's just a software change to get the EU maps working. Any help would be awesome.

sjrcas

Many thanks to Jille and all for doing the hard work on this...got a question about the "loudness" function: is this the function that is killing the bass and volume on MIB1 and 2 units when the volume is raised beyond the halfway mark? If so, I've seen Jille's earlier post that it can be accessed by activating Developer Mode, but I'm having trouble specifically working out where it is? Thanks for any thoughts on this...

sjrcas

No worries, thanks for letting me know, Jille-- I kind of suspected that. That said, I hate the bass roll-off so much, I'd consider keeping the car running forever to stop it!