GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Disable DRL

richiekuk

Ready to race!
I want mind to turn off when the handbrake is up only.

Need to test it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We don't have handbrakes

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I want mind to turn off when the handbrake is up only.

Need to test it.

That can be done easily with an app on the OBDeleven.

a5ian300zx

I have vcds so will test it with that. But this obdeleven looks really good as on the fly tool.

Just out of interest how would I do it with obdeleven?

Thanks

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
You can do the long coding or adaptations just like VCDS or on OBDeleven there are also Apps that do it for you with a single touch of the phone screen to turn it off or on. Every time you use an App you use credits (the amount varies), there are free credits when you get the device and also a free one every day plus if you look at an advert you get another one so you can build them up quickly.

a5ian300zx

You can do the long coding or adaptations just like VCDS or on OBDeleven there are also Apps that do it for you with a single touch of the phone screen to turn it off or on. Every time you use an App you use credits (the amount varies), there are free credits when you get the device and also a free one every day plus if you look at an advert you get another one so you can build them up quickly.
What if I buy the pro version? Do still need to build credit?

Thanks

razvanrudy

Passed Driver's Ed
Even if you buy the pro version/licence you still need to buy credit for apps. With the pro version you have more options and all the tweaks can be done via long coding or adaptation. If you don't know how to use the long coding then you have to buy credits and use the apps. This apps are one touch modification. You can search youtube for related videos.
As @Finglonga all ready explain it

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Resurrecting an old thread:
In my MKIV, there was a pin inside the headlight switch that I bent down to disable the DRL's, can that be done with the MK7 also?

marvin1

Ready to race!
Why are folks still talking about disabling this safety feature?

sadsac

Passed Driver's Ed
The onboard supply control unit, you have the option of the new VW Golf 7, the daytime running lights (DRL) be set so that it is activated only in the switch in the Auto position. In switch position '0 '(light) Thus, the daytime running lights of the headlights (LED or halogen) will be disabled.
The following coding is used:
Select STG 09 (vehicle power)
STG access authorization -> Function 16
Enter access code 31347
STG adjustment -> function 10
Channel (9) - select daytime running lights only switch in the Auto position
Select " active"

This code doesn't work by the way, i tried it last year.

The code to add a DRLs on/off option in the head unit under car > settings > lights is below:
1 - Module 09 - Electronic Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Daytime Running Light
4 - Sub - Tagfahrlichtnur Aktivierung oder durch BAP Bedienfolge moeglich
5 - Change value to ON

Micah247

Ready to race!
This code doesn't work by the way, i tried it last year.

The code to add a DRLs on/off option in the head unit under car > settings > lights is below:
1 - Module 09 - Electronic Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Daytime Running Light
4 - Sub - Tagfahrlichtnur Aktivierung oder durch BAP Bedienfolge moeglich
5 - Change value to ON

This worked, but they still come on when I turn on he headlights. How do I disable completely?
I keep burning out DRL modules when I drive through a deep puddle.

jackalope

Ready to race!
My car was 2 months old when i bought it. Someone had already programmed it like this via VCDS.

i've got a full copy of VCDS so may change it back at some point.

I like the DRL's so i leave it in automode. People on the forums are mentioning If your car is post 2014 and came with DRL it might void your insurance if turned off.

The onboard supply control unit, you have the option of the new VW Golf 7, the daytime running lights (DRL) be set so that it is activated only in the switch in the Auto position. In switch position '0 '(light) Thus, the daytime running lights of the headlights (LED or halogen) will be disabled.
The following coding is used:
Select STG 09 (vehicle power)
STG access authorization -> Function 16
Enter access code 31347
STG adjustment -> function 10
Channel (9) - select daytime running lights only switch in the Auto position
Select " active"

My Alltrack is like this from the factory but I don't want it that way! I want DRLs always on, unless the headlights are turned on. I'll try changing that setting to see if any setting gets it how I want

bertj

Ready to race!
DRL's are required on vehicles first used (registered) from 1st.March 2018. Presumably, if fog lights have been converted to DRL's that will result in an MOT failure in 3 years from that date. All original DRL's dim or turn off when headlights and/or indicators are on. Some DRL's also change colour to yellow when they double as indicators. IIRC Mk.7 Golfs (not 7.5) use the main beam headlamp filaments at reduced power as a DRL. All very complicated!
BTW, Carista can provide a menu in the infotainment system for turning off the DRL's but why would you want to do this?