GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment display replacement

Cal

Hi all,

I've been sleuthing for a bit to try and find the information I need but it doesn't appear that anyone has had my exact issue.

My car is a 2014 TSI Comfortline (Sydney, AU).

A few months ago, the touchscreen panel on my composition media stopped responding to touch input. The panel still works and I can still control the majority of actions through the second scroll wheel and push button. This means it wasn't a real issue until I upgraded my phone and I now can't connect Bluetooth - the pairing sequence requires a touch input confirmation.

As my car's out of warranty I was looking to source a new/used touch screen panel from eBay or elsewhere online (same part no.) and do a straight swap myself.

Is anyone able to advise where I can find my car's exact part number (in system information I'm given 5G0035824A but I reckon that's the unit part)? I have found 5G0919605 online and it certainly looks the same but it'd be great to double check. If I have to take the unit out to check I can do.

In addition, I understand that there can be asset protection issues on these parts? Would I experience any problems with a straight swap and should I expect to have to present proof of legitimate ownership/VIN number to a dealer?

Appreciate your replies.

Cal

Cal

You could pop the dash trim and then remove the screen/switch/knob assembly, and the part number will be on the back. Pretty easy to get that stuff apart.

Cheers for that, Kevin. Any ideas on the component protection? Will a like-for-like replacement boot up without any drama?