GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to tell if exhaust valves are working

15S3

Ready to race!
I disconnected them, which I believe leaves them in the open position all the time. Now with an aftermarket DP I'm looking to lower the exhaust volume a bit so I plugged the connectors back in. I'm not sure they are working though because there was a ton of corrosion on the electrical connections and it was hard to get the connectors plugged back in.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I disconnected them, which I believe leaves them in the open position all the time. Now with an aftermarket DP I'm looking to lower the exhaust volume a bit so I plugged the connectors back in. I'm not sure they are working though because there was a ton of corrosion on the electrical connections and it was hard to get the connectors plugged back in.

Within VCDS you can do an output test for each valve and it will cycle them open/close until you stop the test.

VCDS will tell you if they are working or not.

Yep.

vw671

Autocross Newbie

Labbatt33

Ready to race!
On a side note, has anyone successfully coded their 2019 R’s valves open? I keep getting an error 31 message using Vagcom to code them open. I’ve tried with the car running and with just the acc. on. In race mode as well.

cw_tdi14

Passed Driver's Ed
This is how I did mine. Seems to have worked for me.

1. Start engine
2. Select Race Mode
3. DSG in Sport if applicable
4. Turn engine off (leave DSG in Sport mode, ie do not put into Park etc.)
5. Ignition on, but don't start
6. Plug in ODBEleven, connect as normal
7. Select Engine 01
8. Long coding
9. Use right arrow at bottom to move across to Byte 9
10. Untick bit 2 (Ticked means valves are Enabled)
11. Move gear lever to P/Park - DSG
12. Long press on green tick to accept
13. Done