GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help Wanted Mk7.5 tcu tune and turbo

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
My mk7.5R has transformed recently. The engine is getting fully built as I write this. My TCU is tuned by TVS but only to stage 2+. I need more torque holding capacity and they dont offer stage 3 for at home flashing. Nearest dealer that can flash stage 3 is in torrance Cali. Any suggestions.

Also running a DBV2 V2 but am maxing it out at 28 psi and boost is tapering off after that (I live in Colorado). Thinking Boss600 which I have in my back pocket OR something else. Recommendations?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
CTS has a pretty bad track record with their Boss turbos. I’d skip that idea.

Maybe Iroz? You really don’t hear about DBV2 being a choke point around here, but at altitude you’re fighting thin air

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Weekend road trip to cali with a stop in Vegas. If you're opening up your engine you can afford it :D

That said, the TVS stg2+ tcu tune on DQ381 can handle up to 443 lbft

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Who did your ECU tune? Can you post datalogs?

Something doesn't seem right here. I've seen smaller turbos hold 29psi to redline in Denver and still have more left in them.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Who did your ECU tune? Can you post datalogs?

Something doesn't seem right here. I've seen smaller turbos hold 29psi to redline in Denver and still have more left in them.

United Motorsports

Attachments

• C707AE5F-B94E-4727-87FD-9120036270B7.jpeg
    C707AE5F-B94E-4727-87FD-9120036270B7.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Weekend road trip to cali with a stop in Vegas. If you're opening up your engine you can afford it :D

That said, the TVS stg2+ tcu tune on DQ381 can handle up to 443 lbft

I dont have the time or desire to road trip. The logistics would be a nightmare, especially dealing with Eurocode. Just getting an acceptable stage 2+ tune was like pulling teeth from them.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
My mk7.5R has transformed recently. The engine is getting fully built as I write this. My TCU is tuned by TVS but only to stage 2+. I need more torque holding capacity and they dont offer stage 3 for at home flashing. Nearest dealer that can flash stage 3 is in torrance Cali. Any suggestions.

Also running a DBV2 V2 but am maxing it out at 28 psi and boost is tapering off after that (I live in Colorado). Thinking Boss600 which I have in my back pocket OR something else. Recommendations?

You should be able to pull 28 to redline even in Denver provided you have fuel. What are you running for a fuel system and what fuel are you running?

mkv:uno

Ready to race!
Have you checked with UM? I just got the call yesterday that their DQ381 tune is now available.

Yeah I also just check with UM and they said the TCU software for the DQ381 was released on Monday.

Inigo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Have you checked with UM? I just got the call yesterday that their DQ381 tune is now available.

Yes! They will be tuning the TCU.

I talked to the shop that's doing the block and headwork. The last graph posted above reflects a tune that preserves the stock block (at that time).

They think they can bring on full spool much faster with a built block. I noted that I wanted a TQ monster.

When the car is finished, I will be tuned for flex on MPI with Torqebyte etc....should be a rocket.