GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Indiana Dubber Thread

RonnieGunz

Checking in from NW Indiana. Picked her up last week :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coogles

Go Kart Newbie
The problem with EP Werks is that they won't install anything supplied by a customer. They must order everything themselves and will not modify anything. Trying to find someone to install a TTRS clutch kit for me but haven't found a single place that will do the work.

That's not entirely true. I've had them install parts I've supplied before; it may just be they aren't comfortable with the DIY TTRS kit and modifying the pressure plate.

I've talked to them quite a bit about clutches, and they don't seem to have much experience with kits outside of Southbend or the RSR. I asked about the FCP kit and they weren't familiar with it at all, and when Kevin saw the Sachs pressure plate he raised an eyebrow; he basically said they've only installed one Sachs Performance clutch and the customer hated it and is pulling it back out.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
That's not entirely true. I've had them install parts I've supplied before; it may just be they aren't comfortable with the DIY TTRS kit and modifying the pressure plate.

I've talked to them quite a bit about clutches, and they don't seem to have much experience with kits outside of Southbend or the RSR. I asked about the FCP kit and they weren't familiar with it at all, and when Kevin saw the Sachs pressure plate he raised an eyebrow; he basically said they've only installed one Sachs Performance clutch and the customer hated it and is pulling it back out.

Modifying the pressure plate couldn’t be easier and took me less than a minute but they won’t install anything that is supplied by the customer. Maybe that only applies to clutches but they didn’t make that distinction. The FCP is nearly identical to the RSR. I’ll have to look around for a better shop.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Modifying the pressure plate couldn’t be easier and took me less than a minute but they won’t install anything that is supplied by the customer. Maybe that only applies to clutches but they didn’t make that distinction. The FCP is nearly identical to the RSR. I’ll have to look around for a better shop.

They definitely install some parts you bring in, since I just talked to them yesterday about installing springs I'm supplying and they said no problem.

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Idk if anyone would be interested but I started a indy Mk7 golf - gti - r - MQB Facebook group incase people were interested in a place to seek help advice or sell MQB stuff locally. Search it up if interested

GeezerDub

Nice!

Quick update. Now setup with APR Stage II for almost 6k miles the only problem I have experienced is the lack of traction with the stock front tires. Tires almost worn down to the wear strips, hope to change them out in the next couple of weeks with some Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires. With 35k miles and a heavy right foot I guess I can’t complain.
Got the A/S 3+ tires on my GTI. Here in Indy we get some snow, but if it's not higher than the front bumper, I drove anywhere I needed. Great tires.

Sandbagger1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Agree. About 30K miles ago I installed a set of A/S 3+ tires. For an all season tire their overall performance isn't too bad. Last fall my son also installed a set on his new Veloster N and got through this past winter without issues. The A/S 3+ does share a similar challenge that the OEM tires had - the wear and tear from a fwd Stage 2 GTI.