Golf R - Options and Colours

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I only have leather and heated seats.

Mark2

Hi Everyone

New to the forum. Am in the process of ordering my 2014 Golf R and need some advice. This is my first new car as I have always owned second hand but having come from second hand BMW M3 ownership I know how much extras can make the difference for resale. For example, 18 inch wheels on the M3 was a no no even though the car handled better on 18's and leather was a must. Another bug bear was the sat nav or TV. Every dealer hammered you on trade in if it didnt have sat nav.

Are there any must haves or don't dos with Golf R? Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Ps like a kid in a sweet shop!!!

Andyu2

My Options

Ordered R in May with the following
Pure white 5 door
19" Alloys
DSG
Adaptive Suspension
Carbon Nappa Heated leather seats
Winter pack
Reverse camera
DAB stereo
Hope to get it September

sphereman1

Ready to race!
Colours

Hey all

So say we wanted to choose a colour for the Golf R that exist in Germany but not in Canada/USA why cant they do that for us since the car is built in Germany?

Say i wanted to pay $2000EU for the paint i just dont understand why i cant get the colour i want and have to abide to the 4 colours the only send to Canada. White, Red, Black, Grey

Thanks

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Hey all

So say we wanted to choose a colour for the Golf R that exist in Germany but not in Canada/USA why cant they do that for us since the car is built in Germany?

Say i wanted to pay $2000EU for the paint i just dont understand why i cant get the colour i want and have to abide to the 4 colours the only send to Canada. White, Red, Black, Grey

Thanks

And VW, unlike most car companies, doesn't offer a European delivery option, which would make this possible for those willing to ship it themselves.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I would do European delivery in a heartbeat if it was an option, but it's not something that makes a lot of sense with econoboxes, even the top-of-the-line ones -- it makes much more sense for Porsche, BMW, and Audi.