GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

on line vendors

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
Had my golf R for about 2 months now and it's time to consider a simple mod, the resonator delete. After doing some research on line, this looks simple enough to do at home, adds some exhaust noise and drone is negligible. Since I also autox my R and I'm in street class, this is one of the few mods I'm legally allowed to do.

That said, I need recommendations for on line vendors to buy parts. Since I'm coming primarily a BMW background, I have several places to shop on line, but not so much with VW parts. I've found ECS tuning, pelican parts and ShopDAP. Any other places you suggest for buying on line parts? Places to stay away from?

Seems like the VAG sports is the best price point for this rez delete. Appreciate any input you might have...

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Depends on teh parts but baun is always good for bolt ons fabricated parts. Moddedeuros, urotuning, uspmotorsports, bmptuning, 034, black forest industries

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I usually buy my VW parts from Shopdap and ECS Tuning. I think ECS even has their own version which is a little cheaper than VW's. It's just a pipe coupler.

I know you auto-x so you're limited on your mods, but a nice catback makes a whole world of difference. I have a Borla on mine and man it sounds so much better than just the reso-delete.

drshark

Ready to race!
Don't fall for the Strafe Design fraud like I did... I know they're a minor vendor, just some splitters and the like. But I'm five months out from ordering and have nothing but promises so far.

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
I usually buy my VW parts from Shopdap and ECS Tuning. I think ECS even has their own version which is a little cheaper than VW's. It's just a pipe coupler.

I know you auto-x so you're limited on your mods, but a nice catback makes a whole world of difference. I have a Borla on mine and man it sounds so much better than just the reso-delete.

I'd like to spring for a nice cat-back, but the pricing on those is outrageous... What I've seen so far is in the range of $1200-1500. Did you find a cheaper alternative?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
That looks like the best resonator delete that I've seen. How are they to do business with? I've had mixed results with importing parts from European parts suppliers. Also, do they charge an arm and a leg for shipping?
I haven't done business with them yet, but they do make a fantastic exhaust for the MK7s. This res delete gets you the noise without the excessive drone. It's the only res delete I've seen with a Helmholtz resonator. :cool:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
ECS purchased Turner, Pelican Parts, and others recently and operates all of them so you’ll have the same experience regardless of which of those you choose.

They’re basically the Amazon of the VW parts world in that they have free shipping (over $50, which is nothing) and they screw up the order about 50% of the time.

I still used ECS from time to time, and as is par for the course they screwed up my order this week (which took longer for them to actually ship than it took USPS to get it here mind you).

BMP Tuning is up and coming, but have limited selection compared to everyone listed above in this thread. Free shipping like ECS, haven’t dropped the ball on anything for me yet.

FCP Euro. I had issues with their site and they addressed them immediately and were extremely helpful, however the issues happened over Labor Day weekend so I went elsewhere in the meantime so I have yet to try them out. Based on my experience so far my next order will definitely be with them. Also, free shipping like the others.

DAP. 30 miles from me and I’ve never been there. Not only to they spread bad information on their YouTube channel they also aren’t knowledgeable about the small batch of parts they do offer. This has been my experience with them through customers of my own, so I’ve never given them my business and don’t plan to.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I'd like to spring for a nice cat-back, but the pricing on those is outrageous... What I've seen so far is in the range of $1200-1500. Did you find a cheaper alternative?

I paid $1440 shipped. Considering most high quality valved CBE’s are going north of $2000 for the Golf-R it was a cheap buy. I like the sound of this exhaust on my Golf-R.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Gtijake - I too was pretty bummed after learning that the trunk grommets can possibly leak following DAP’s youtube of removing the grommets from the gate to install the Eurotail wiring.

Had I known this, I would’ve just snaked the wires carefully through without removing the grommets..!

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
So I wound up buying the rez delete from company called EuroSport Tuning. Their price was a good as anyone else. What I didn't realize is they are located in Canada and I'm in NC. They got the shipping completed about 2 days after I placed my order and then there was an additional delay going thru customs. Should have the pipe in tomorrow, but I can't recommend these guys due to delayed shipping and clearing customs.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
So you ordered from Canada and think the shipping time is their fault? Uhh... A little more attention to detail on your part would've caught that. They can't control US customs or ship times across the border.

olds350

Passed Driver's Ed
So you ordered from Canada and think the shipping time is their fault? Uhh... A little more attention to detail on your part would've caught that. They can't control US customs or ship times across the border.

there was no indication their webpage that they were located in Canada. Not sure why you had to give that crappy reply. I merely stated that I probably wouldn't order again from them due to the fact they are in Canada and customs would delay shipping.