GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Official MK7 Golf/GTI 1/4 Thread

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Curious if anyone in Ontario would be interested in doing a bit of a GTG at Shannonville ON soon on one of their mix and match nights before the year's out.

It would be cool to have a meet at a track with some Golfmk7 members, and have an invasion of the hatchbacks at that track as the weather gets cooler.

Spoke about it in the Canada forum, but you can't hear anything over the crickets in that subforum. Place so empty, ya cud pley a geyme of pickup hahkey innere, no prahbm bahdt. Lympic size rink ennall.

Man, some interesting data can be derived from this spreadsheet about average 60's during best runs and the role of tires and weight reduction.

Last edited:

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
New PB today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
R/T of 1.4091 That was a good "deep breath/Moment of Zen/Finding my happy place" bit of focus. (insert Lightning McQueen "I am speed" image)

1.7 60
127 Trap
10.8 ET

Pretty Epic.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
1.73! What was the trick or just luck? Great time.

With him having an R, I think he can still improve on that 60 and get even better times. He will need better tires and a TCU tune though.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
PacDawg: Oh, a 1.7/127/10.8 Golf R with a Tomioka 675? Hold my beer..... Seriously, hold onto it for me. I don't want to carry the extra pound of weight for my run.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
With him having an R, I think he can still improve on that 60 and get even better times. He will need better tires and a TCU tune though.

Aye. He was having issues with it forever.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54716

Everyone bags on the ED TCU but if pdisguise can get it to run a 1.61 it cant be that awful. Maybe he got some better tires, that seems like the limiting factor, not the tune.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion

Yes, some drivetrain tweaks and tires and that's a 10.4xx car.. I'd be willing to help steer in right direction, but I believe Dereck has said in the past he's not looking to spend thousands on a track set-up.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Aye. He was having issues with it forever.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54716

Everyone bags on the ED TCU but if pdisguise can get it to run a 1.61 it cant be that awful. Maybe he got some better tires, that seems like the limiting factor, not the tune.

I mean 1.7x isn't bad and looks to be better then before but can definately be improved upon still. Just a quick look at the Golf R leader board and you'll see plenty of 1.5x and 1.6x 60s there.

Yes, some drivetrain tweaks and tires and that's a 10.4xx car.. I'd be willing to help steer in right direction, but I believe Dereck has said in the past he's not looking to spend thousands on a track set-up.

A 10.4x would be quite a feat at his DA.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I mean 1.7x isn't bad and looks to be better then before but can definately be improved upon still. Just a quick look at the Golf R leader board and you'll see plenty of 1.5x and 1.6x 60s there.

A 10.4x would be quite a feat at his DA.

Would be quite the feat but entirely possible. Every tenth off your 60' doubles over the quarter, I got multiple slips to back up my statement ;)

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
1.73! What was the trick or just luck? Great time.

Just luck I think. I really didn’t do much other than one thing. I forgot to put DCC in race mode. All my passes last night were in comfort mode. Don’t know if that was good or bad. Car squatted hard lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Looking at the list, there is only a handful of 1.6 60' cars on street tires. I may go to 245/40r18 Hoosier DR-2's if not it'll be something like R888R's or something. Next year things.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Looking at the list, there is only a handful of 1.6 60' cars on street tires. I may go to 245/40r18 Hoosier DR-2's if not it'll be something like R888R's or something. Next year things.

Only because Wy2sl0 took down my 1.593 after I beat my 11.2 time on street tires.