GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R seats into Alltrack

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I thought it would be a nightmare. Drivers seat was plug and play, zero alteration. I disconnected battery 15 minutes prior to starting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I see the passenger side IS more difficult as I understand the seat occupancy sensor is dedicated to car? Also there is a third plug.......more to be revealed,mi will tackle passenger side tomorrow

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
When I swapped seats in a passenger occupancy car, I swapped over the sensor out of the old seat in the process. Haven’t pulled apart a VW interior yet, but might be an option?

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
There is a link on VW Vortex, good description and he states you need to take Alltrack sensor and transfer to R seat. I will do it all tomorrow and repost my findings

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Yes for this swap you should easily be able to swap over the Occ Sensor module and have the car recognize it as it’s own. Fortunately for you the plugs sound to be the same. This is not always the case depending on year of manufacture.. usually the difference seems to be between pre and post-facelift.

Are you doing the rears as well?

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
Not doing the rears. I don’t want to deal with release mechanism for seatback. I have a wagon. It all is installed and looks awesome. Old seats went on Cl for 250.00 sold in a day. My net costs for upgrade 1050.00 well worth it.

HOT H2O

Drag Race Newbie
Not doing the rears. I don’t want to deal with release mechanism for seatback. I have a wagon. It all is installed and looks awesome. Old seats went on Cl for 250.00 sold in a day. My net costs for upgrade 1050.00 well worth it.

Yup realize you have a wagon, release mechanism very doable, shame you didn’t adapt. Cheers