GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Rockstar08

Ready to race!
That's what happens when the price of the new models keeps getting higher and higher, it increases the value of the older models a little because the demand is higher for them since the new model prices are so much higher.

cinderbike

Ready to race!
Yep. With all the new tech/safety features and the fact they’re going to be larger and made in Germany vs. Mexico, I fear the mk8 will start at 30k+.

GTIdre1

Ready to race!
2019 GTI S 6MT Deep Black Pearl

Safety Suite
2 years/20,000 miles service
GTI all-weather floor mats
Cargo Blocks

$24,952 ($4500 under MSRP)

Guess they were having a tough time moving this one... Drove to Palm Springs to get it.

fprintf

What is the best way to find out all these deals? I'm in the market for a Golf SE w/ a manual and willing to drive/fly to buy it. I am having a devil of a time finding one through my local dealers for much less than a GTI! The car is for my daughter and she's limited on funds where even a two thousand bump for the GTI is too much, but it still hurts that an SE is coming close to a GTI S or Rabbit!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
What is the best way to find out all these deals? I'm in the market for a Golf SE w/ a manual and willing to drive/fly to buy it. I am having a devil of a time finding one through my local dealers for much less than a GTI! The car is for my daughter and she's limited on funds where even a two thousand bump for the GTI is too much, but it still hurts that an SE is coming close to a GTI S or Rabbit!

You can use natiowide new car database search like cars.com to find a dealer who has listed the trim you are interested for low prices. Again this listed price is not the final price before tax and title as most dealers tend to add several standard items like destination fee and dealer fee back to the listed price and this section had plenty of info about it. In the end, you have to contact each and every one of them to find the best deal.

joelcomp1

2019 GTI Rabbit 6MT Cornflower Blue

Monster Mats® for GTI & Heavy Duty Trunk Liner w/VW CarGo Blocks
Bumperdillo® Protection Plate for rear bumper
Luggage Net for cargo area

$23,393 (including destination charge and $500 VW Partner Program)

Thanks for all the info on here, helped me negotiate a lot!

reex

Congrats!
Wow I bet this the best deal on 2019 models so far.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

That's easily the best deal on a new 2019 so far here.

kungfudill

Ready to race!
good deal?

I'm considering a GTI SE at $6k off MSRP...

The catch is I have to use the VW 6.99% financing, and can refinance after 3 payments.

I've done the numbers, and assuming a decent refinance (I have good credit scores), this seems to be a good deal. And I know others have done stuff like this.

However, I have never tried doing this, so I'm paranoid I'm missing something and they are screwing me some other way.

Granted, they'll make a few hundred bucks from me in those first few payments, if I refinance as planned, am I missing something?

Any tips are appreciated!

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I'm considering a GTI SE at $6k off MSRP...

The catch is I have to use the VW 6.99% financing, and can refinance after 3 payments.

I've done the numbers, and assuming a decent refinance (I have good credit scores), this seems to be a good deal. And I know others have done stuff like this.

However, I have never tried doing this, so I'm paranoid I'm missing something and they are screwing me some other way.

Granted, they'll make a few hundred bucks from me in those first few payments, if I refinance as planned, am I missing something?

Any tips are appreciated!

Dealers ask the buyer to pay it back after three months so that they can get the commission from the bank. But in general, most auto loans do not have a pre payment penalty. If there isnt anything in the terms and condition, you should be able to pay it back as soon as possible and save some money.

Are you sure its from VW and not from any of the banks.