GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Installed a set of OEM dynamic tails on my MK7.5 using the DAP harness and OBDeleven app coding, but I’m having trouble getting the rear fog to activate.

I’ve also installed the auto/rear fog only headlight switch, but I don’t see a fog indicator on the dash.

Do the MK7.5 models require the additional rear fog wire noted by DAP for MK7s? Does the switch itself require coding?

Headlight switch requires coding and a trigger wire if vehicle isn’t a MK7.5R or didn’t come w/ front fogs.

c_c

Headlight switch requires coding and a trigger wire if vehicle isn’t a MK7.5R or didn’t come w/ front fogs.

Thank you for this advice and the rest of your related posts, it’s been helpful.

Note for others researching this mod: my DAP 7.5>7.5 harness has a lead that’s too short for clean routing (inner tail > inner tail).

Last edited:

steveaustin

Ready to race!
Does anyone have a damaged inner driver's side 7.5 dynamic light?

I need the trim piece that goes on the dynamic 7.5 tail light (inner driver's side). The part number is:

5G0945425A Trim Piece on left inner light. The part is not stamped with an A after it but it is the correct number. It attaches to 5G0945307P (inner driver's tail).

I see that a number of you have had damaged lights but if you want or can pop this off and send it to me I'd pay you! Cannot seem to locate this without having to buy the entire light.

Thanks!

Disquiet

Car(s)
MK7R IE Stage 2 93

Once the trigger wire is installed, do I need to replace the NAR headlight switch with a EUR one that has the fog-light option?

EDIT: On a 2016 R (NA).

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

benmontemayor

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed OEM Euro dynamic tails on my 2018 Golf R using DAP harness. Everything works except I have no parking lights.

I have following fault codes.
Left tail lamp bulb 2
Open circuit/short circuit to B+
Fault code: B12C015

Right tail lamp bulb 2
Fault code: B12C115

Control module incorrectly coded
Fault code: U101400

Can someone help me?

TIA

Last edited:

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Still confused

Been reading through all this and this is probably also due to confusion from aliexpress as well.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32865987928.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.29eb6079PocFeZ&algo_pvid=ef8fd982-5623-43de-a2b6-236bec618c5c&algo_expid=ef8fd982-5623-43de-a2b6-236bec618c5c-2&btsid=447ac6cf-8d29-44b9-af3e-09ce19274585&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_52

Would these install into a US 2018 MK7.5 GTI SE. My understanding is that the inner and outer lights would fit, it's just a matter of the harness. With that being said if these harness here is indeed not the MK7.5 harness would just getting a 7.5 harness allow me to run these dynamic tails?

Kip2MyLou

Ready to race!
I don't have an answer for you but why not just buy from ecca and buy zero's harness? Will be around the same price, you know it'll work, and helps a member.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Been reading through all this and this is probably also due to confusion from aliexpress as well.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32865987928.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.29eb6079PocFeZ&algo_pvid=ef8fd982-5623-43de-a2b6-236bec618c5c&algo_expid=ef8fd982-5623-43de-a2b6-236bec618c5c-2&btsid=447ac6cf-8d29-44b9-af3e-09ce19274585&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2,searchweb201603_52

Would these install into a US 2018 MK7.5 GTI SE. My understanding is that the inner and outer lights would fit, it's just a matter of the harness. With that being said if these harness here is indeed not the MK7.5 harness would just getting a 7.5 harness allow me to run these dynamic tails?

If those are made for the pre-facelift 7, the connectors are likely different. According to the other replica tail lights at least. I doubt just getting 7.5 harnesses would work.

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
I don't have an answer for you but why not just buy from ecca and buy zero's harness? Will be around the same price, you know it'll work, and helps a member.

Hoping to find a slightly darker look as well but looks like OEM Euro7.5 lights are just darker in general? I found Zero thanks I'll pull the trigger on this when I'm ready and understand the coding a bit more.
Guess the e-acca option seems to be the way to go.

Last edited:

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Zero's harness and coding instructions are top notch. His install guide is really well done as well. BEC Autoparts also gets the OEM sets in sometimes though they seem to be out of stock at the moment. That's who I got my OEM set from and he's here in Vancouver BC.

https://www.becautoparts.com/