GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Side Mirror Problem

GirlGolf

Hey guys,

I have a 2015 Golf TSI, and my right passenger side mirror stopped working over a year ago. I took it to the dealership and waited over 3 hours for an oil change & to diagnose the problem, but they still couldn't figure it out. Luckily my mirror is set to my usual driving angle, so I kept on ignoring it. Today I decided to take off my door panel and see it for myself. I'm not anywhere close to a mechanic, but I just wanted to see if there's any wires that wasn't plugged in. I found a wire that got stripped due to friction on the metal, and it was also cut off. My question is do any of you know what part # this is, or what kind of wire it is? Do you think it's a possible DIY? If not, it's fine. At least when I take it to a mechanic I know what's the problem, and won't be quoted for something outrageous.

Thanks! :)

Attachments

• 57980760846__B8B11BCF-5774-48F5-8A76-FFE2153DC90E.JPG
    57980760846__B8B11BCF-5774-48F5-8A76-FFE2153DC90E.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 511
  • IMG_9563.jpg
    IMG_9563.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 509
  • IMG_9557.jpg
    IMG_9557.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_9566.jpg
    IMG_9566.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_9575.jpg
    IMG_9575.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_9568.jpg
    IMG_9568.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 617

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
If that is the harness for the mirror then you can solder it back together. I am not sure if you can get the harness by itself as it usually comes attached to the mirror.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
As Russiankid said, just strip the cable solder the 2 parts, make sure you protect it with electric tape and wire loom and you will be good to go.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Yep. Solder or butt splice it. If you solder it and don't have much experience soldering, look up some tutorials first and look up the linemen splice, makes things much easier and stronger. akimmel's suggestion is good too. If you cant find a grommet the right size, get some Tesa tape or something and cover the sharp edges.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Or take it back to the dealership and get them to fix it. Assuming you paid them to diagnose already, and then ended up doing so yourself, they shouldn’t charge you. But I’d confirm first, of course.

Tac

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'18 R & '17 GTI
That hole/wire had a grommet on my GTI and R. Was the car bought used, or the mirror previously replaced?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Or take it back to the dealership and get them to fix it. Assuming you paid them to diagnose already, and then ended up doing so yourself, they shouldn’t charge you. But I’d confirm first, of course.

I wouldn't trust that dealership to do anything including changing the oil again. That's pathetic they couldn't diagnose the problem.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
That harness is for the mirror and should have a grommet there for that exact reason, try to solder all the wires back and if its done well then everything should work.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk