GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I get and saw that, and thanks for noting it for those who hadn’t. But my question was more if there’s anything on his side that he can adjust to make them more subtle or more aggressive.

There are many things I can adjust for the crackles, but I leave customization of that feature for custom tune customers. As it is, I already have a lot of versions of every base tune due to the various options I offer. I’d rather not add any more options like crackle intensity ;).

— Ed

BlancoGTI17

Ready to race!
Car(s)
17 GTI Autobahn
There are many things I can adjust for the crackles, but I leave customization of that feature for custom tune customers. As it is, I already have a lot of versions of every base tune due to the various options I offer. I’d rather not add any more options like crackle intensity ;).

— Ed

Awesome. Thanks for the answer Ed.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ed,

Is there any increase in hp/Tq with having a OTS stage 2 tune with the exhaust option?

Thanks

The exhaust isn't restrictive at this power level.

Thanks
-- Ed

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
HPFP at least. LPFP recommended for full E85.
Are lpfp advised for pump gas (94 octane)? If installed, does that equate to higher output numbers?

Any benefit with newer coils or plugs. I hear a lot of people running rs7 coils/ rs3 plugs.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Are lpfp advised for pump gas (94 octane)? If installed, does that equate to higher output numbers?

Any benefit with newer coils or plugs. I hear a lot of people running rs7 coils/ rs3 plugs.

IMO, coils are not required unless you want the red covers for aesthetics. Ed recommends
Ngk 9 racing plugs, but some have had success with brisk er10’s (not 12’s, too hot for EQT turbo)

Also, 94 octane on stock pump is fine. >E30 blend is where you want to consider an upgraded lpfp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
IMO, coils are not required unless you want the red covers for aesthetics. Ed recommends
Ngk 9 racing plugs, but some have had success with brisk er10’s (not 12’s, too hot for EQT turbo)

Also, 94 octane on stock pump is fine. >E30 blend is where you want to consider an upgraded lpfp.

Thanks for that info :)

I spoke to Ed and he advised NGK 9 racing plugs as well so I'm definitely getting those along side my fluidampr. No need for coils.

One point of confusion I have is whether to upgrade my hpfp or my lpfp as my garage/tuner (whos shop car is a golf r that is gutted, built engine by himself and drags). Ed has said there is no need to upgrade lpfp on pump gas (94 here in Canada), but hpfp would be beneficial. Whereas my garage/tuner says the exact opposite and is advising me to upgrade lpfp and leave the hpfp.

Can anyone who has already installed the eqt turbo and tuned it chime in with their experience in regards to their fuel pumps?

I'm not looking to max out the turbo and make the car as fast as possible, just looking to tune for daily driving and reliability.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Thanks for that info :)

I spoke to Ed and he advised NGK 9 racing plugs as well so I'm definitely getting those along side my fluidampr. No need for coils.

One point of confusion I have is whether to upgrade my hpfp or my lpfp as my garage/tuner (whos shop car is a golf r that is gutted, built engine by himself and drags). Ed has said there is no need to upgrade lpfp on pump gas (94 here in Canada), but hpfp would be beneficial. Whereas my garage/tuner says the exact opposite and is advising me to upgrade lpfp and leave the hpfp.

Can anyone who has already installed the eqt turbo and tuned it chime in with their experience in regards to their fuel pumps?

I'm not looking to max out the turbo and make the car as fast as possible, just looking to tune for daily driving and reliability.

Would defer to Ed’s expertise. If he says no LPFP but hpfp wouldn’t hurt, I’d go with that. He’s tuned enough of his turbos on customer cars to know the threshold for upgrades :)

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Would defer to Ed’s expertise. If he says no LPFP but hpfp wouldn’t hurt, I’d go with that. He’s tuned enough of his turbos on customer cars to know the threshold for upgrades :)

Was leaning towards the same as Ed is going to be doing my Etune and he's the expert on his own turbo as can be seen with his own r.

So spark plugs and hpfp it is!

Any suggestions on hpfp?

Hoon

Autocross Champion

Someone needs to do a pump exchange with me.

They get an assembled Autotech for $200 shipped (plus undamaged stock internals) and I get a stock pump.

That basically cuts the price in half and makes it a 5 minute install for someone, and I don't have to mess with trying to press the stock internals back in.

Shameless ad is shameless.:)