GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
You mean they bought a DAP harness and made reps of it for cheaper

idk, just relaying what i was told

"Attached you will find coding information for these Tail Lamps along with link below that Paul describes on installation.

Keep in mind this harness was developed along with Paul from SHOPDAP so coding and installation is exactly the same."

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
Just wondering if anyone has had trouble getting their car inspected with the Euro lights? I’m concerned about not having rear side marker lights. I’m in MA where they have this crazy new system with CCTVs to do inspections. Could I tape some red Leds to the outside of the car and say “yep that’s my marker lights right there”.

lijetta18t

Passed Driver's Ed
Just wondering if anyone has had trouble getting their car inspected with the Euro lights? I’m concerned about not having rear side marker lights. I’m in MA where they have this crazy new system with CCTVs to do inspections. Could I tape some red Leds to the outside of the car and say “yep that’s my marker lights right there”.

Without knowing how Mass inspection stations handle inspection failures but going off the NY rules, I would suggest just going into the station and get it done without even trying to hide the RoW lights. Most likely, no one would even notice.

I go to a shop in NY which started using cameras again and they can care less about me running RoW dynamic tail lights. If the signals, brake lights, running lights, and reverse lights work, it passes without issue.

Now, if you are still paranoid, just revert to factory tail lights and coding for the inspection while leaving the harness in the car and then un-revert back to the RoW tail lights after you pass with ease.

ShoMpeT

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a question about e-acca,
I placed my order yesterday and i paid the money with PayPal, but i did not get any confirmation email from e-acca or anything! and my order status shows "order made", Is this normal? do i have to do anything about it? :confused:

Last edited:

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I have a question about e-acca,
I placed my order yesterday and i paid the money with PayPal, but i did not get any confirmation email from e-acca or anything! and my order status shows "order made", Is this normal? do i have to do anything about it? :confused:

Normal. You’ll get an update email “Order received by us.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davewg

Ready to race!

Am I the only one who ordered and had it ship 3 days later?
edit: that blacked out number is not blacked out...thats ok

If you catch them with stock on hand that's totally possible.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Done, looks so good. Careful. Theyre really soft, so maybe get them clear bra’d

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Attachments

• R.jpeg
    R.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 982
Last edited:

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT

Rtastic

Factory retro fit kit

Idk if this has been asked before, I have a MK7.5. I'm following the instruction (5G0 052 400) supplied by the 5G1 052 200 C kit which route one extra wire to the BCM. Does anyone know the coding for this? Is it just factory EU LHD coding? If so does anyone know what it is? Thanks in advance.

In the instruction, you can use the ODIS (dealer diagnostic tool) and select “Perform upgrading and retrofitting solutions” function to correctly code the BCM. I wonder if they have this option in the NA VW dealer?

I'm doing this because I left my window open during a rain storm, and had to pull the carpet up to dry it, so why not retro fit it the factory way while I'm at it.

It's actually a lot of work, had to remove all 4 tail light connectors and install the new ones, swap two existing pins and add the extra third pin on the BCM connector and run extra wires across the tail gate just like the custom solution. All these plus removing pretty much the entire left side of the interior trim, won't recommend for DIY

kit routing diagram: https://imgur.com/a/4gjLRvb