GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Apr springs

Lert

Passed Driver's Ed
Anybody run apr springs, want slightly stiffer ride for track and spirited driving. Getting intercooler, brakes, downpipe and stage 2 done within the month just feel suspension will be lacking. Mostly a daily car but want to track 2-4 times a year.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I’m sure they’re fine.

Still scratching my head on their original drop numbers and what the reality was.

They said .75” and iirc they were dropping 1.1”-1.2”.

What type of drop are you looking for?

Lert

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m sure they’re fine.

Still scratching my head on their original drop numbers and what the reality was.

They said .75” and iirc they were dropping 1.1”-1.2”.

What type of drop are you looking for?

Honestly I'm not looking for the drop so much as just a stiffer ride, I live in ohio and currently my gti is my daily winter included and having the extra clearance is snow is nice, but I'm planning to buy a cheap used manual of some sort just because really.

Apr springs just say they are slightly stiffer with a minimal drop because idk at what point dropping becomes an issue with stuff like camber toe and just general driveability issues.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I have APR springs on my car. You can see photos in my build thread (link in sig). Ride is about 20% stiffer than stock. I've had no complaints. Certainly corners flatter/handles better. Dropped the car about 1.1" as opposed to their advertised 3/4"

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!
I’m running APR springs. I’ve had them now for almost a year. I’d say it does stiffen the ride a little bit, as mentioned above I’d agree it’s about a 20% stiffer feel. As for drop, I don’t think it’s that big a difference the HR springs definitely go lower. Here’s a picture when I first got my APR springs installed. Before and After:

Before

After

I’d say it’s close to what they advertise, .75”

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
^ there is no way that’s a .75” drop on a GTI.

That’s more in the range of 1.2-1.5”.

That’s super low.