GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Member from Brooklyn

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yup! Loved the 899s but with the extra boost in CC plus a few minor other updates, I figured why not?!?! Bought it used with 700 miles on it. PERFECT!

I've never been to Staten Island yet. Lived here 3 years so far. Am I missing anything?

Thanks! I love this car and the mods I've been able to do on it thus far.

I am 100% in agreement with you. Based on what I heard, having a car in NYC is CRAZY and NUTS and ABSURD. But once I got here, we soon realized it's very much the contrary. Yes, you can pretty much get to anywhere you need in NYC by public transit but you can also get there by car. lol And you can use said car to get you out of the city. CRAZY indeed.
The only thing you are missing is the view when crossing the Verrazano bridge. Other than that -- nothing to see in SI.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Yes, and I tacked an additional 1/2 hour onto that commute when we moved.
But I'm on a much larger chunk of property (100 x 200) in a much nicer locale.
Plus, I am now able to retire and can give that commute up at any time.
There's a migration route when you are from SI.
First you head west.
Then, you head south.
What really killed SI was the density that they allowed builders to exploit.
Single family homes on older blocks lined with single family homes are still routinely knocked down and replaced with semi attached homes - or even condo's if they can cram them in.

I'm in Brooklyn now but looking at homes in NJ...I want a house with a nice garage! Where in NJ are you and any advice?

Brooklyn Here as well! 2018 mk7.5 gti se dsg. We definitely should do a brooklyn meetup. I live in south brooklyn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks yo! I'd love to meet some fellow VW owners around. Hit me up.

Looks like we need a meet, maybe start up a thread in the regional section to see who's interested and where. I knew some people (mostly vw's) that used to meat at Caesar's Bay on Wednesdays. Not sure that's going on anymore but that parking lot is pretty big.

I know a group called VolksNation that meets on Thursdays (in the warmer season) somewhere in Queens. They alternate locations I believe but you can look them up on Instagram.

Another idea is in Oceanside, NY where a previous group met at a Coffee spot named Caffeine. The owner I believe owns a MK7 R.

I've been part of a Central Jersey Meet in Metuchen for the past few months that's consistent but so far with only MK7 R's but anyone is welcome.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Did you mean "wheel?"
They were trying to build a wheel like the London Eye at the Ferry Terminal.

pretty sure he was making an ms-13 reference

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
You're in Brooklyn, NY and Papa John's is the best pizza?!? Didn't expect that answer!

I agree.. something fishy is going on here

Yeah I don't fuck with papa John.

It's the McDonalds of Pizza, f-that.

But guys... the butter garlic dipping sauce.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

if you noticed the winky face in his reply, he was j-o-k-i-n-g.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Ok then, where does the new member REALLY like to eat pizza in Brooklyn!?!

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
There's a lot of bad pizza in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island...
The old adage that if it's from Brooklyn, it's better than if it's from anywhere else hasn't been true in a long time.
Having said that, some of the REAL places that have been around for ages - still do it right.
And there are plenty of new places the have popped up in recent years that know how to do it right.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
There's a lot of bad pizza in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island...
The old adage that if it's from Brooklyn, it's better than if it's from anywhere else hasn't been true in a long time.
Having said that, some of the REAL places that have been around for ages - still do it right.
And there are plenty of new places the have popped up in recent years that know how to do it right.

There used to be a good place on 3rd avenue and 80 something street in BK. I can't seem to find it now, either closed or opened under a new name.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
There used to be a good place on 3rd avenue and 80 something street in BK. I can't seem to find it now, either closed or opened under a new name.

Spumoni Gardens is often considered one of the best.
Down the block from where I work are two pizza places - quite literally at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge.
Grimaldis' and Juliana's - both are excellent.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Ok then, where does the new member REALLY like to eat pizza in Brooklyn!?!

Since I'm in downtown bk, I'm close to Juliana's and Grimaldi's. They're both great. But TBH, I just order Papa John's instead cause I'm lazy. And they have that butter garlic sauce. Mmmmm.

Nice, I got a '15 as well

Thanks. Have fun your '15 as well!

Spumoni Gardens is often considered one of the best. Down the block from where I work are two pizza places - quite literally at the foot of the Brooklyn Bridge. Grimaldis' and Juliana's - both are excellent.

Never been to Spumoni. Might have to venture there at some point.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Since I'm in downtown bk, I'm close to Juliana's and Grimaldi's. They're both great. But TBH, I just order Papa John's instead cause I'm lazy. And they have that butter garlic sauce. Mmmmm.

Thanks. Have fun your '15 as well!

Never been to Spumoni. Might have to venture there at some point.
All this talk makes me wish I was back in NYC.