GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

Navi

Autocross Champion
Attached with BMW betalink glue. It's the glue they use for trim and spoilers such as the M performance spoiler. It's pretty permanent but allows expansion and contraction with temperature changes. I shook the spoiler after curing and the whole car shakes. It's on there solid.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
well car seems to be running smoother, but that could just be fresh oil. I will say that the oil was SUPER black when I drained it after the engine flush though. I religiously change the oil every 5k miles and it has never been this black and my driving habits and locations have not changed either, so at least I know the engine flush works. Not sure about the Ceratec. Idle seems better but I also regapped my spark plugs. They weren't really out of spec though.
Haven't tried the ceratec yet, but I have tried the liquimoly mos2 additive and been very pleased at how it smoothed out the idle. YMMV

Navi

Autocross Champion
Merry Xmas to myself. New rear pads.

So pretty. Almost getting turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Just wanted to say this is an awesome thread. Definitely a good story with some funny little bits sprinkled throughout.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
When is the keyboard upgrade? :p

Navi

Autocross Champion
Just wanted to say this is an awesome thread. Definitely a good story with some funny little bits sprinkled throughout.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

When is the keyboard upgrade? :p

Never lol. Just got this keyboard.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Did the rear brakes. Was running stock rear brakes with stainless steel lines. With the front AP racing bbk, the rear was getting super loose under hard braking. I could tell the brake bias was completely thrown off. Glad to say that the ferodo ds2500 rear pads really made a difference. Feels way more balanced now when braking hard. I also bled the lines out and got some bubbles from both rear calipers. Pedal is super hard now. Used a motive power bleeder and motul rbf600. The rbf600 is at least 3-4 years old but unopened lol. I have a couple unopened bottles from 3-4 years ago that aren’t opened and a couple recent new bottles in case the old ones were no good. Was a little worried but seems fine. Pedal pressure is hardest it’s ever been and it was pretty firm to begin with. I did a search and it is kind of 50/50 on what people say about using unopened bottles that are old. From this experience it seems “ok” but I’ll give it a couple months first.

TheSkeptic

Ready to race!
Most entertaining build thread, bar none. I wish I had the shekels to throw at mine, but until that happens I can live vicariously through Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Navi

Autocross Champion
Most entertaining build thread, bar none. I wish I had the shekels to throw at mine, but until that happens I can live vicariously through Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Does ECS or the like sell a front grille that includes the red stripe but without the honeycomb? You could get an R grille and paint/wrap the chrome trim red...

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
This is a sick build thread, I wish I found it sooner. Good work!