GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs 4 puck- thoughts?

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
Anyone running this clutch with a dmf? Looking for experiences and feedback, specifically as a daily driver.

Thanks in advance.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
What are your power goals? Why not Sachs performance clutch?

Likely hybrid - is38x, l450 or eqt.

in speaking with the shop i plan to use to install, he strongly recommended the 4 puck over as he has seen the performance clutch not be able to hold the hybrid power levels.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Likely hybrid - is38x, l450 or eqt.

in speaking with the shop i plan to use to install, he strongly recommended the 4 puck over as he has seen the performance clutch not be able to hold the hybrid power levels.

Are you on the MQB Facebook Group? I see this clutch mentioned a few times and one of the people that does install in Jersey usually recommends this setup. Seems like people like it.

Also I believe you can get this from FCP Euro which means...lifetime warranty? I guess. Lol.

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
Are you on the MQB Facebook Group? I see this clutch mentioned a few times and one of the people that does install in Jersey usually recommends this setup. Seems like people like it.

Also I believe you can get this from FCP Euro which means...lifetime warranty? I guess. Lol.

I am not... but yes, my installer is in NNJ and highly recommends this clutch.

and haha, just took delivery from FCP.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Billy's last install was my car..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

Do you daily this car? Did they say it would be okay to use this clutch for a car that's a daily driver?

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie

Q1. do you have a link to the clutch you bought? looking at this option as well. excelerate performance has been quoted as saying the 4puck clutch from sachs was literally ON/OFF nature and not livable for a daily driver.

Q2: the clutch you bought you will go with the SMF or DMF? b/c according to Sachs website it mates with the "original flywheel" which is DMF.

Q3: is this the clutch you bought? here: https://www.sachsperformance.com/en...ch-sachs/performance-clutch-kit-002352-999505

thanks much!!

stockton2007

Go Kart Champion
1. According to the shop that recommended and is doing the install, that is not the case. I've also spoke with 2 people who have had this installed by this same shop and do not report on/off or race like clutch.

2. I am using my DMF

3. I ordered the following from FCP Euro:
Clutch Disc Sachs Performance - 881864999505
Audi VW Pressure Plate Sachs Performance - 883082001422

(The Golf R uses a slightly different PP part number)

Hope this helps.

Q1. do you have a link to the clutch you bought? looking at this option as well. excelerate performance has been quoted as saying the 4puck clutch from sachs was literally ON/OFF nature and not livable for a daily driver.

Q2: the clutch you bought you will go with the SMF or DMF? b/c according to Sachs website it mates with the "original flywheel" which is DMF.

Q3: is this the clutch you bought? here: https://www.sachsperformance.com/en...ch-sachs/performance-clutch-kit-002352-999505

thanks much!!

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie

thanks much!!

1. If you read the post by Excelerate where they said that, you will see they later retract it. They were basing that off of older TDi clutches and not this version or an actual experience with it.

2. You can go with either. They offer a SMF option on their (Sachs') website.

3. Your link is the one I got.

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie
1. According to the shop that recommended and is doing the install, that is not the case. I've also spoke with 2 people who have had this installed by this same shop and do not report on/off or race like clutch.

2. I am using my DMF

3. I ordered the following from FCP Euro:
Clutch Disc Sachs Performance - 881864999505
Audi VW Pressure Plate Sachs Performance - 883082001422

(The Golf R uses a slightly different PP part number)

Hope this helps.

1. If you read the post by Excelerate where they said that, you will see they later retract it. They were basing that off of older TDi clutches and not this version or an actual experience with it.

2. You can go with either. They offer a SMF option on their (Sachs') website.

3. Your link is the one I got.

Thanks guys for trying to help. Somedude, did you stay with DMF?

I'm getting confused between these clutches.
So the one i Linked has torque at 810+Nm but that's with DMF. once you go to the SMF it's rated at 600+Nm. Here's where i'm getting my info:https://www.sachsperformance.com/en...ce-clutch/vw-golf-vii-5g1/2-0-r-4motion-221kw

so now i'm confused why is DMF rated higher than SMF. Also what are the advantages/disadvantages of going SMF or DMF then? the only ones I think of are. DMF will be less chatter. DMF might not be up to snuff with power like big turbo,hybrid EQT. But confused why the rating with DMF is higher on their website. another is DMF is heavier with more parts/springs etc so RPM matching downshifting is slower. I would gladly stay with DMF if i know it can withstand stage 3 like power levels, at least i wouldn't have as much chatter. my other options was SB daily (which is at the upper limit of being able toh old stg III power reliably) or endurance(which can hold the power but prone to heating (kevlar lining) if dragging, not that I do that but perhaps occasionally).

Lastly, I really do not understand how a 4puck design (less contact area vs a full faced) can have more holding power??? also do you think it have any longevity to it or will last less than a full faced organic/sintered friction disk? (assuming same driver with 30+ years of experience driving manuals)