GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 Exterior Lighting Coding

joshdub

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

I have a 2018 MK7.5 with LP (SE, US spec) and am looking to do some coding with VCDS.

I am looking to turn my taillights on along with my front LED DRLs while the headlight switch is set to Auto. I have found that I prefer this set up in my previous Audis as the headlights can come on later in the evening, and having the taillights illuminated helps with visibility. However I do not want other lights to come on with my DRLs to keep the clean led look up front.

The closest I have found is to set the DRLs to whats known as "Scandinavian DRLs". This essentially just sets the AUTO setting to mimic the DRL setting in US cars. Close, but not exactly what I am looking for. I'll keep looking and report back when I have found the appropriate coding. If anyone else knows, please feel free to chime in.

US Coding:
Headlight switch set to AUTO
FRONT:
LED DRLS front only
Rear:
Nothing

Headlight switch set to DRLs
Front:
LED DRLs
Inner IED reflector
Amber LED
Rear:
LED taillights

Scandinavian DRLs coded

[09] Central Electrics
Security Code: 31347
Adaptation channel:
Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht
Set to active

Headlight switch set to AUTO
Front:
LED DRLs
Inner LED reflector
Amber LED
Rear:
LED taillights

Headlight switch set to DRLs
Same as switch set to AUTO

Last edited:

buccad

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI Autobahn
Looks like none of your image links are working. You need direct image links, usually ending in .jpg or .png

If you’re just getting the image address from google images, try to get to the actual image in order to get the correct address

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
One thing that i didn't like about the Scandinavian DRLs is that it also turned on the license plate lights.

moveingfaster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
One thing that i didn't like about the Scandinavian DRLs is that it also turned on the license plate lights.

I know there’s a way to turn them off but I can’t recall how. I asked this over on vwvortex a couple of years ago for my 2015 GTI but can’t find the post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I am looking to turn my taillights on along with my front LED DRLs while the headlight switch is set to Auto.

Hey,

You might want to try the following coding:

gvforces

Passed Driver's Ed
I am trying to do something similiar but i want the inner LED to light up when i have my low beams on.
Anyone have any idea how to do this?

sar316

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey,

You might want to try the following coding:

You magnificent bastard! [emoji4] I was so disappointed the "Scandinavian DRLs" lit up the license plate, side markers, and the green icon on the headlight switch that I turned it off the next day and gave up. This is perfect!

Took a few minutes to figure out how to put it in channel C since B is being used by the single sided parking lights.

Speaking of parking lights.... any ideas on turning off the dimly light high beam and/or inner DRLs? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Speaking of parking lights.... any ideas on turning off the dimly light high beam and/or inner DRLs?

You are welcome. Are you talking about the the little white LED dots? They are hard wired to the amber side markers and you can turn them off under Lichtfunktion A8 and Lichtfunktion A9.

sar316

Passed Driver's Ed
You are welcome. Are you talking about the the little white LED dots? They are hard wired to the amber side markers and you can turn them off under Lichtfunktion A8 and Lichtfunktion A9.

Don't think they're hard wired together on the LED headlights... when my single sided parking lights are on the amber dot is off, but it's on with the regular parking lights. The ambient light is on in the high beam with both so they can't be connected. I think it may actually be the high beam LEDs themselves just dimmed all the way down. Haven't found anyone who's figured it out yet, seems like a lot of the headlight functions run off this stupid new light control module.

I just tried removing the NAR restrictions from the headlights, cleared the error with the basic settings, but it came back along with front turn signal errors, disabled front signals, CAN errors, ACC error(I don't have ACC), disabled cornering lights, and hyper flashing mirror blinkers. Rear blinker functioned normally. [emoji849] Other mods like dimming DRLs with the blinker haven't worked for me either so maybe this LCM won't allow all the stuff people used to be able to do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Don't think they're hard wired together on the LED headlights...

I’m getting old. Was talking about MK7 and not MK7.5.

Quantumn

Hi there, sorry to revive an old thread.

I was wondering how did you code the "Inner IED reflector" and is it possible to code that to work with Low Beams as well?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Hi there, sorry to revive an old thread.

I was wondering how did you code the "Inner IED reflector" and is it possible to code that to work with Low Beams as well?
Bringing this one back from the dead to add the extra coding for the inner LED section on the MK7.5 taillights. Finally found the right adaptations for the inner section. The outer coding is from Don @DV52, the inner I was able to get from this post in Reddit about using the driving lights as blinkers and brake lights.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GolfGTI/comments/a910bh
Rear Lights ON with Front DRL Lights

Select Central Electrics (09)
Select Security Access 31347
Adaptations
Outer lights
Select Leuchte23SL HLC7 - (Left Taillight)
Select Light Function D23 - Tagfahrlicht
Select Dimming CD23 - 60
Select Leuchte24SL HRA69 - (Right Taillight)
Select Light Function D24 - Tagfahrlicht
Select Dimming CD24 - 60

Inner lights
Select Leuchte16BLK SLB35 BLK SL KC9 (Inner tail light, right)
Select Lichtfunktion D 16: nicht aktiv to Tagfahrlicht
Select Dimmwert CD 16: 0 to 60
Select Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3 TFL R BLK SR KC3 (Inner tail light, left)
Select Lichtfunktion D 17: nicht aktiv to Tagfahrlicht
Select Dimmwert CD 17: 0 to 60

Ronin1982

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 R
Hello everyone, I have a question about the headlights in my golf 7.5 R, the headlights have been replaced with new EU ones, earlier they were in the US version. Is it possible to encode using VCDS?, where to find instructions for encoding?
IMG_20230321_154043.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230321_154143.jpg
    IMG_20230321_154143.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20230321_154106.jpg
    IMG_20230321_154106.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 86